2008 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by shorebird, August 29, 2008, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

DeSean Jackson, Santana Moss, Ted Ginn Jr.

Yeah, I reeaaaalllllllyyyy want to start Jackson, but I'm just not sure.

4and26

Ha same problem - almost - I have to start 3 of Jackson, TJ, Moss, or Driver.  I'm going with the first three. and right now I'd take Jackson over Moss is you have points for return yards.

reese125

cant see why its a problem. Its week 1--which is a complete crapshoot picking who to start

PoopyfaceMcGee

My flight was late last night, so I missed all but the last two rounds of a 14-team draft.

Thankfully, I grabbed Kurt Warner in the 15th round to handcuff Matt Leinart.  Not that it matters, because neither of them can crack the starting lineup with Jake Delhomme having a stranglehold on the spot.

At RB, I'm rocking Clinton "somehow my fantasy value never is as good as my numbers" Portis and OMGReggieBush, with solid backup coming from the ineffective and likely-to-be-cut Rudi Johnson.

Thankfully, things are better at WR, where I have Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall being solidly buttressed by the likes of Dwayne Bowe, Isaac Bruce, Justin Gage, and Bryant Johnson.

Anyway, I just thought I'd point out that on some teams, it doesn't farging matter who you start.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Quote from: 4and26 on August 29, 2008, 04:56:54 PM
Ha same problem - almost - I have to start 3 of Jackson, TJ, Moss, or Driver.  I'm going with the first three. and right now I'd take Jackson over Moss if you have points for return yards.

That is whats making this tough, this league uses return yards for defense/special teams. If I was getting the return yards for Jackson, it would make it a lot easier.

The other thing is, I have to believe that Jackson will get into the game and that the Eagles will go to him pretty frequently even if he doesn't start, but a lot of that depends on the health of Reggie Brown.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

My $$ league roster (draft this past weekend)

Jay Cutler
Philip Rivers

Frank Gore
Marshawn Lynch
Thomas Jones
Ricky Williams
Ray Rice

Marques Colston
DeSean Jackson
Roy Williams
Anthony Gonzalez
Brandon Stokely

Todd Heap

Rob Bironas

Eagles
Giants

Diomedes

get back to us after you've narrowed it down a bit

ain't picking your whole roster for you
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

I like the Jay Cutler pick. He has really looked good this pre-season since getting healthy.

I like Rickey Williams also. Could be a big sleeper if he stays healthy. He's got the insurance of a contract extension also. As long as he stays off the wacky weed..................

shorebird

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on September 02, 2008, 07:39:41 PM

Thanks!

I posted the whole roster here because I didn't want to start another thread just to post my squad.

Shore...

Yeah, I think I am going to start him.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on September 02, 2008, 07:39:41 PM

Lynch vs. Seattle

Jones vs. Miami

Pick one.

Diomedes