Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, August 20, 2007, 10:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: rjs246 on August 23, 2007, 01:59:50 PM
I'm still marveling at PPinDC's running backs. I think some people in his league must be a little slow.

Ha. I paid for it when it came to WRs, when the big name WRs started to come off the board, I stuck with RBs. Normally I find a WR sometime in the season that does a servicable job. I later dropped Demetrius Williams and picked up Brandon Jones, I think he could be a quiet surprise, down the stretch last year he really started to improve, and while I still think Vince Young is going to slump this season, Jones is the only guy who is a decent option on the team.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

rjs246

Since it's all the rage to post your teams here... thoughts on my team? This is my annual 14-team league so clearly the pickins are slim. Basically I went entirely with players with huge upside and huge potential to bomb out and be terrible. All five of my running backs have been on the injury list this year. My quarterbacks are young and unproven, but have good WRs to through to. I got TO and Burress way after I should have because everyone hates them. Overall I'm pretty happy with the potential, but I don't have any real household name studs:

ZombieApocalypse
QB:
Matt Leinart
J.P. Losman

RB:
Travis Henry
Thomas Jones
Jerious Norwood
Tatum Bell
Mike Bell

WR/TE:
Terrell Owens
Plaxico Burress
Greg Jennings
Alge Crumpler
L.J. Smith

K:
Neil Rackers

DEF:
Cincinnati Bengals
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

rjs246

Ha! Dick.

I'm just noticing that you've got the All-2003 squad.

Culpepper, Alexander, Joe Horn, Jamal Lewis, Hines Ward... the NFL doesn't have an old-timer's day.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

well hopefully culpepper and horn never break the starting lineup, i'm pretty sure they were my last two picks.

alexander and ward will be fine.

jamal lewis could have a great year or be a huge bust. 

Rome

I passed on Romo twice in our draft yesterday even though QB's were drying up.  I couldn't bring myself to draft a Cowboy.  Thankfully a guy who holds a special place in his heart for the Cowboys picked him up before I had no other choice but to take him.

ice grillin you

wait i thought i was a taterskin fan?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

I've never done a 14 team league, but I guess that's pretty solid. I'd definitely stay away from Henry but it's too late now.

rjs246

His upside was just too much to pass on. Every time he's ever been a starter he's put up outstanding numbers. Couple that with the Denver offense and I couldn't resist... plus I handcuffed him since he's made out of swizzle sticks.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

Rome

MDS

This was the random yahoo public league i always do, I had 7th pick.

1. BWest
2. Peyton
3. Fitz
4. Javon
5. Plexiglass
6. Tom Jones
7. Krazy Kellen
8. Ahman
9. Igs D
10. Devery
11. Brandon Jackson
12. Mike Turner (stole guys handcuff cause im an ass)
13. Brandon Jones
14. Alex Smith (has the same bye week as Peyton, but I think he's gonna be big this year so hopin for a trade)
15. Stephen Gostowski (kickers went real early and some guy had 2 of em, I don't know....)

Not bad for not giving a shtein either way, I guess.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

You got Thomas Jones in the 6th round and Brandon Jackson in the 11th? What the farg?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: rjs246 on August 29, 2007, 07:02:12 AM
You got Thomas Jones in the 6th round and Brandon Jackson in the 11th? What the farg?

MDS is either playing with a bunch of third graders, or someone needs to call shenanigans.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

phattymatty

i had a 10 team, 12 round draft a few days ago and brandon jackson was never picked.  he's still a FA.