NFL Pickem contest

Started by MURP, August 15, 2007, 08:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Pickem league sign up on yahoo

signups closed.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

that password is silly. you're a silly man, josh parry.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

FK

Ah, signing up for pick 'em brings me out of lurking.  ;D

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

I always farg up and forget to make a pick one week..usually when there's a thursday game.  this year I'm putting in my picks for every week now, just in case I forget. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

who is Ryan Leaf's All Stars?   change your team name to your screen name or you get booted.

Diomedes

boot 'em on principle.  Ryan Leaf...farg you

shorebird

How the heck can New England be an underdog to the friggen' Jets??

Geowhizzer

In.  Last place, here I come!

shorebird

You'll have to fight me for it.

Cerevant

Any thoughts on a season tie-break (since Yahoo doesn't handle that)?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Rome

I'm hoping for a respectable showing.

I don't expect one but I'm still hopeful.

Diomedes

Quote from: Cerevant on September 03, 2007, 05:49:12 AM
Any thoughts on a season tie-break (since Yahoo doesn't handle that)?

How about if you live in Canada, you lose the tie break. 

Cerevant

Thanks, smart-ass.

I'm going to suggest that we use head-to-head weekly results as the tie break: total number of times one tied player beat the other in a given weeks picks (including tie-breaks).
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.