Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

West Virginia is opening back up. I'm sure this will go well for them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Eagaholic

Or at least someone leaking tapes of him having sex with a miner. Pretty sure that's happened.

MDS

i know its easy to hate on machin and he isnt my friend but he is a democrat from west farging virginia...the magaiest of maga states has a democract senator. we are quite literally stealing a seat.

if you want machin to become a progressive or anything close, or want to primary him, good luck winning the general. maybe in 2022 he wont be the 50th vote on everything and we can go back to not giving a shtein about joe machin
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

What good is a democratic senator who can't be counted on for basic shtein?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

I'll give them credit for passing the Bill even if it's a watered down piece of garbage. 

And you can thank Georgians for it too because without Ossoff & Warnock, we don't get shtein. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 02, 2021, 12:12:04 PM
I'm frustrated by how weak and mealy mouthed most Democrats are.  Case in point:

$15 minimum wage.  CBA says consequences by 2025 of wage hike would be something like loss of 1.4 M jobs AND 900k people lifted out of poverty.  Republicans point to the job part and shout about job loss.  Easy argument for them to make...what do most Dems have to say in response:  wonky shtein about this study and that study.  What they need to say is that PEOPLE are more important than JOBS, that 900k PEOPLE will be lifted out of pvoerty.  They need to say:  jobs that keep people in poverty aren't worth having.  Good riddance to those jobs. 

The trade off is clear:  fewer lower-than-subsistence paying jobs and more people lifted from poverty.  A double benefit.

AOC and a couple others get it but mostly, Dems have no voice.

its the exact opposite they have too many voices...its good for a coalition but not for passing shtein...not sure why anyone is surprised...the dems have a solid amount of reps in the senate who are centrist...im not sure why is anyone disappointed...they are not even close to having a big enough majority to get truly progressive shtein done...the sooner you realize this the less angry you will get when it doesnt happen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

both NH and DE senators werent on board with $15...everyone is killing sinema and rightfully so but it even goes beyond her

if they can hold on to AZ and GA (if), i have a very good feeling about PA. then you take your cracks at the wide open races in OH/NC/WI and hope to get one. theres 52. now you're somewhere.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They're killing her because of her giddy reaction to killing a measure she was all-for previously.

Also - she voted with Trump more often than any other democratic senator.  She's a DINO in a state that just elected Mark Kelly, so any rationale for her siding with her "moderate" constituency on the issue is utter bullshtein.

She's been a total disaster and I'd love to see her duplicitous ass primaried all the way the farg out.

Munson

Yeah she's getting killed for good reason. That vote on the minimum wage was disgusting. Hey Sinema, it was only cool when McCain did it because he was voting to save people's healthcare.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

If I ran against her I would use this as my opening campaign salvo.

phattymatty

Biden immigration policy:

1. Treat children more humanely
2. ????
3. ????

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

someone in a 52-45 trump district who only won his seat in the first place via ranked choice

Diomedes

we should have a fashion thread.  I have a good eye.

look at this insanely gorgeous skirt Deb Haaland is wearing as she's being sworn in

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger