the brag about your sports memorabilia here thread

Started by Sgt PSN, October 24, 2009, 09:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 30, 2010, 08:16:57 PM
BigEd, aka "Ebay Dude", thanks to Freddie Mitchell is an autograph guy.

I was when I was younger...anyone wanna buy Rodney Peete or Jay Fiedler and Mark McMillian?

My boy is a huge autograph guy. He is a regional manager for a sporting goods store so he has hookups and also travels to all signings and stuff between Austin, San Antonio and DFW. He made over $5k in profit last year in selling stuff on ebay.

Good for him, but people who buy and sell auto'd memorabilia on eBay need to be shot.  I'll never understand the point of spending that much money on a signature when you didn't even get it from the guy yourself. I might be a sucker for spending 30 or 40 bucks every now and again (which is why I don't have many autos)  to get the auto at a show but at least I'm meeting the guy and watching him sign it.  Spending $200 on a signed ball on eBay is beyond retarded.

DH

i was with lawrence frank once and some guy came up to him and asked for his auto...coach said "this is going right on ebay, isnt it?"...the guy answered that it was and he refused to sign it. it was probably the best thing he ever did while with the nets.

Rome

so it's ok for a coach to make millions coaching (not even playing) a kid's game, but it's not ok for some fat loser to make a marginal living off the fringes of celebrity?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

DH

Quote from: Rome on December 01, 2010, 06:04:07 PM
so it's ok for a coach to make millions coaching (not even playing) a kid's game, but it's not ok for some fat loser to make a marginal living off the fringes of celebrity?

perhaps lw would like to argue this w you for 3 pages..not me though, you miserable old man.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

dude, that is farging sweet !

i made out ok - my one brother gave me an old eagles wall clock he had that i always loved. my other brother got me a brick from the spectrum. i should have it 4-6weeks after they tear it down.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I'm pretty sure that's either the worst or most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I'm leaning towards the latter, although assuming it's M & N, it's probably 400 bucks or something insane like that.

ice grillin you

i dont think they are the worst or best...the throwback green and the eagle are awesome...but im not a big fan of the strips on the neck...and the united nations looking eagle patch on the arm is god awful

and price wise those arent bad...i think 125-150 maybe?....

i dont think they sell their 450-600 line of jackets anymore...i guess they were just too expensive....i bought a $600 one of them in the linc lot a few years ago for a hundred bucks....it was monsterous like a 58 or something but i paid the dry cleaner 40 bucks to shorten it....best deal i ever got...they are amazing....

i also have a ridiculously nice philles one that my girl paid 550 for one year...i almost slapped a chicklet out of her mouth when i opened it i was so mad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Rome

that's the phillies jacket from "the natural" right?

pimp, dude.  seriously.

ice grillin you

thanks

never seen the natural....you mean the movie has an actual phillies jacket in it?...or that exact style but a different team

its probably nit picking but the only thing i kinda wish was different on it is the pocket outlines...i like the pockets better on the eagles jacket where they are the same material and color as the jacket