The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the sixers are playing
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

brett is out of ideas...in comes justin friggin anderson
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

That shot by Simmons sums up his series.  what the hell was that?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

farging turnover machine, the gift that keeps on giving

QB Eagles

They are gonna farg around and win this one aren't they? And then lose by 20 in Game 6?

MDS

out of control ben drive followed by useless tj double team followed by dario unathletic turnover

might be it

phattymatty

This hurt so much for me...like more than any sports event in the last 10 years. I would have been less sad if we lost the super bowl.

I'm still on the fence with brett. i blame today on JJ mostly.  jojo is going to be a top 25 player of all time but he obviously is still too young. ben with a jump shot is a game changer.   so many things.  i am sad but the process skipped 2 years so this is good.

MDS

that missed jj 3 will destroy me....i mean you just cant miss that. you cant.

SD

Silver lining time. If the 2019 Sac pick winds up being #1 overall the Celtics get the Sixers pick.

phattymatty

yeah today is on him. he looked like he was going to explode at one point.  i mean they all did dumb things but we paid him 23 mil do be our vet and literally exactly for that shot.

i think he will still be here because he already made more than he would have in 3 years, and he's used to the drive from brooklyn...and his deal with colengelo from his podcast this year seemed genuine...but whatever...right now farg JJ.  i grew to love him though.

just make a 3 before there is 8 seconds left.

i can't believe how much of a mess i am over this.

Don Ho

I've seen a lot of shtein form this franchise the past 45+ years and yes last night sucked but I am trying to find something in this that helps give me some hope.  8 weeks ago I was praying they somehow squeezed into the playoffs, get a little experience and build off that.  Next thing we know it's 17 in a row, Kyrie goes down, Celtics are done, #3 seed and suddenly it's all this talk of being in the finals.  Most everyone underestimated the Celtics.  I am guilty, I drank the Kool-Aid.  Unfortunately Simmons weaknesses were magnified, Covington looked like a deer in the head lights all series, JoJo looked gassed from game 1, Stevens is if not the best he is one of the best coaches in the NBA, and sloppy turnover basketball doomed the Sixers.

I truly hope this lights a fire under their ass and this battle with Boston continues for another decade.  Simmons finds a mid range shot, JoJo continues to improve, a good draft, secure some veteran leadership, Fultz???  As a Philadelphia sports fan my entire life the Sixers/Celtics wars from the late 70's into the early 80's were some of the best memories I have of Philadelphia sports.  It was truly incredible stuff.  I want more. 

ice grillin you

ben was -63 in the series and didnt hit a shot outside of 5 feet in FIVE GAMES

they were plus 30 when he wasnt on the court

this is a monster problem and if any one thing lost them the series it was this....he also is completely worthless in crunch time situations since he cant shoot

a close second is the fact that they have one wing defender and he didnt defend very well this series...the series might go seven if bellinelli doesnt play....hes a historically bad defender and its not just talent...he gives zero effort when he isnt on offense...just doesnt care at all...even when hes shooting well hes still probably a net negative but when his shot isnt on hes legit the worst rotation player in the nba

people point to the jj three as the killer but i thought the bunny tj missed in the lane was just as big...sixers were on an 11-2 run and would have gone up by 6 with a little over two minutes left and had all the momentum...hard to say this after blowing the 5 pt lead late in ot of game four but i just felt like if tj made that they win

i dont have a problem with it because its playoff basketball and it was a shot right at the rim but jo jo was hammered by baynes on the last shot...in general horford and baynes gave jo jo fits...jo got his but he was pretty inefficient all series...not sure they doubled him until the second half of last night...thats a big W for boston

most depressing part of this is that tatum and brown will get more out of these playoffs than jo and ben plus the celtics start off free agency by signing kyrie and haywood and just won in five without them

Quote from: AO1 on May 09, 2018, 11:41:12 PM
Silver lining time. If the 2019 Sac pick winds up being #1 overall the Celtics get the Sixers pick.

celtics get the better of the sixers/kings first rounder unless its number 1 and if it is the sixers get it and the celtics get the other pick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous