Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah we are still growing quite a bit. We saw a lot of change in the last election on local levels. Even though it was heavy blue pretty much any GOPer was canned on principle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_congressional_delegations_from_Texas#Current_districts_and_representatives

Lizzie Fletcher is my rep. We voted her in last time. This district is GHWB's old one and John Culberson was who she beat.

We are still heavily gerrymandered in the surrounding areas and even some local districts tho.

phattymatty

they recently removed the clickety clackety sign at 30th st. station and put up a boring digital display.  boooo.

PhillyPhreak54

That sucks.

I took a good pic of 30th last time I was there bc I'd heard rumors it was going bye bye

ice grillin you

its been like a year or two
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

lol really?  i was there last month and don't even remember. 

edit: yeah i guess it's the year anniversary which is why it's being talked about today.

ice grillin you

oh its just been a year?...i would have said almost two

General_Failure

Ex-elections judge admits taking bribes to stuff ballot box

QuotePHILADELPHIA (AP) — A former judge of elections in Philadelphia has admitted accepting cash bribes to tamper with the results of the city's primary elections from 2014-2016, federal prosecutors announced Thursday.

Domenick J. Demuro, 73, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to deprive voters of their civil rights and violating the Travel Act, U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain said. DeMuro faces up to 15 years in prison when he's sentenced June 30.

DeMuro admitted that a political consultant — whose name was not revealed by prosecutors — paid him bribes to add fraudulent votes for certain Democratic candidates running for judge positions. McSwain did not name the candidates or say if any of them won their elections.

The consultant took fees from the candidates and used some of that money to pay Election Board officials, including Demuro, McSwain said.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

If only there was voter ID laws to stop the judge from stuffing the ballot box with fake ballots
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

They should move it to Fishtown

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1295475269504032769 21

He also said the only way he loses is if the election is rigged

I need this nightmare to end. This shtein is exhausting

ice grillin you