The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Sheil and Bodner will be writing for The Athletic Philadelphia

QB Eagles

So basically they will be behind a paywall. It'll be interesting to see if it goes anywhere.

ice grillin you

im definitely going to get it for a year....probably wont last much longer than that anyway but they are putting together a stellar lineup
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

a lot of these sub model sites have done well...i dont see why it wouldnt work with the lineup they got. you also get to read their nationals guys, and they have ken rosenthal for baseball. i wonder who they will add for the phillies. also like to see them add some national enterprise guys for long form/investigative work.

the guy who used to run SI is now running this so i figure that will happen eventually. i think this thing is going to last.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

how will it work as far as being able to keep the stuff behind the paywall...if someone has access what will be stopping them from copy and pasting an article for anyone to see like you can with espn insider

Rome

Copyright infringement laws?

You can summarize but you can't just copy and paste content like that.  I mean we all do but technically you're breaking the law. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 24, 2017, 09:47:02 AM
Copyright infringement laws?

thats it?

not that its a lot of money but ill still be kind of salty if i pay for a subscription then every article starts showing up on the internet somewhere to read for free

MDS

if the story shows up on an actual blog like crossing broad, lets say, thats something that you can take pretty swift action to. a place like reddit might be a bit harder to police but i figure they will monitor the major sub reddits.

some place like this...well nobody is going to notice that. and nobody can stop you from emailing an article to a friend. all in all though most people dont really do that, i dont know where to go to find espn insider stories nor do i imagine most people will be crawling around the dark corners of twitter or whatever to find paywalled athletic stories. technically 5 friends can share a netflix login but all 5 friends most likely pay for their own netflix.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i belong to insider and post stuff all the time from there on here....usually only philly team related stuff but thats what made me think about how the athletic is going to stop it

not really a big deal...if its not worth it ill just cancel it after one year

id pay the money just for charlie oconnor....imo best sports writer in the country not named zach lowe

MDS

but where do you post it?

the athletic is in a bunch of other cities so im sure they have some kind of method down though there are special kinds of slezeballs in philly

Sgt PSN

Yeah, ain't no internet po-leece coming into here to bust corner boy havas for c&p.  You're small time son.

Munson

What are you talking about?  :CF gets trafficketed by tens of people per week!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 24, 2017, 11:05:40 AM
but where do you post it?

the athletic is in a bunch of other cities so im sure they have some kind of method down though there are special kinds of slezeballs in philly

i only post it here and on messenger to friends but i see insider stuff all over the place

QB Eagles

Mike Vick is working for Fox Sports now.

MDS

colleen wolfe favorited a tweet of mine last night

journalism career justified