The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i understand them getting rid of baseball tonight...it was a show i grew up on but you can get every highlight on your phone within seconds. its real obsolete to have to turn on the teevee at 1000 and wait until karl ravech and the boys get to the rays/angels game.

what im talking about is airing the sport and keeping it in the 24/7 hot take machine orbit.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Who cares if ESPN bails?   

MDS

i do

baseball is limited as it nationally....being gone from espn will hurt it even more.

i dont think theyll leave espn outright. mlb will still want to have some presence on espn, even its 1 day a week, but their next tv deal is going to be super super interesting.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

All People don't want the highlights on phones though

I want it on tv

I love the MLBN coverage...sitting around analyzing. Pedro is my favorite on there

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 16, 2017, 08:36:28 PM
All People don't want the highlights on phones though

not sure what to tell you other than ratings and market research beg to differ

i want more seasons of the leftovers but nobody watches it so you get what you get

MDS

chip to espn on just saturdays to do studio on the deuce

he is also doing sportscenter hits for the nfl on sunday i think

what college job is he taking next year? a&m? oregon? usc?

Sgt PSN

I don't get it. When you're looking to hire broadcasters, why the farg would you choose white mushmouth?

Rome

Because that's who watches shows like that. 

ice grillin you

hes actually a really good listen when hes breaking down football....i could actually listen to him talk about it all day...i just dont want him coaching my nfl team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

viewership ages 2000-2006-2016

nfl: 44-46-50
nhl: 33-42-49
mlb: 52-52-57
nba: 40-40-42
cfb: 47-48-52
cbb: 44-48-52
soccer: x-35-39
golf: x-59-64
wwe: 28-33-54

wwe isnt a sport obviously but it had the most interesting jump

Sgt PSN

It's not a sport bit for whatever reason, ESPN slips in an occasional WWE clip or puts WWE news on the ticker.

Don Ho

mlb: 52-52-57

Let's show these bitches Rome!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 12, 2017, 12:36:06 AM
It's not a sport bit for whatever reason, ESPN slips in an occasional WWE clip or puts WWE news on the ticker.

espn is losing subs and audience and there is a correlation between wwe fans and espn fans...so they are attempting to go after that. its dumb.

ice grillin you

they just ran a gronk monster truck thing

it was sickening
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous