The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

NFL got crushed last night as they should have. 2 legit great sports towns that haven't won a WS in a combined 150 years vs Cason Wentz and Dak Prescott...2 names that 99% of America never heard of 6 months ago.

MDS

the world series should always beat some random dumb nfl game but for the past decade or so it hasnt happened

the nfl got caught twice this year ego-ing it up. first was wasting giants/packers against the debate, then eagles/cowboys against the series. both of those games wouldve rated well if not for the competition. little bit of hubris in that building finally.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Wonder if they'll acknowledge it (not publicly but in scheduling) or still continue to think they can coast?

I'm all for them getting smacked around a bit

PhillyPhreak54

NFL Network's Brian Baldinger suspended 6 months without pay for suggesting Eagles put bounty on Ezekiel Elliott.

This was a grassroots effort by some cowboys fans on their message board. One of them who lives in Philly heard him on the radio. Cut the clip up and sent it out to various other media outlets.

A lot of faux outrage and as lil guy says "mad online" people saying he shouldn't say this bc of various reasons. I think that's stupid bc he's in no position to influence any team into a bounty system.

smeags

swept the ray rice & josh brown shtein under the rug until the media got it out there, but baldy gets this ?

he said it jokingly. that local fan needs to be tossed into a wood chipper. after eating his teeth.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

He'll do more time out than Huff. 

smeags

QuoteSince the Saints' Bountygate saga, the NFL has adopted a no-tolerance approach to dealing with teams who reward players for knocking opponents out of games with injuries

but no suspension for huff yet.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: smeags on November 02, 2016, 04:01:19 PM
swept the ray rice & josh brown shtein under the rug until the media got it out there, but baldy gets this ?

he said it jokingly. that local fan needs to be tossed into a wood chipper. after eating his teeth.

Yeah of course it was joking. I didn't even listen to it but when I read that thread on their site I wanted to vomit at the posts. Cretinous little fargs...I can't stand those fans.

Vendor calls me up the other day to talk shtein. Told him he wasn't getting the PO. He didn't get the PO.

smeags

lol, jay laying it down with the no PO.  :-D

Sgt PSN

As much as I despise what ESPN has become, their SC commercials have always been great and this might be the best of them all.

https://youtu.be/8hyzvFNe7-c

MDS

its only been 1 playoffs but im not sure theres a better national analyst than smoltz

he was really farging good
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Not on the same level as Smoltz who I agree was excellent, but I was completely shocked by how good A-Rod was in the studio.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 03, 2016, 04:16:39 PM
Not on the same level as Smoltz who I agree was excellent, but I was completely shocked by how good A-Rod was in the studio.

Seriously. When the farg did he develop a personality?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 03, 2016, 04:16:39 PM

Yeah that whole panel was really good.

Smoltz was excellent. Didn't overanalyze but gave us insight and tidbits that many don't

ice grillin you

im suprised you guys are suprised by arod...maybe confusing his steroid persona with his interviews thruout his career...i feel like he was born to be an analyst hes always been amazingly well spoken and knowledgable on most things...of course when he wasnt lying or being an ass about the juice...but if you seperate those two things it shouldnt be a surprise that hes really good at this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous