The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Whitlock has been booted off his own site at ESPN...before it even launched.

This is akin to "how you get fired on your day off?!"

MDS

whitlock is a top 5 worst person....he should be booted from planet earth
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Rob Ellis and Harry Mayes are taking over middays starting tomorrow on 97.5

I like Ellis a lot but Mayes his horrible.  I'll give it a listen at least. 

I had the Phillies on the radio yesterday in the car and it was the first time i've listened to WIP in forever.  2 different commercial breaks they had a 30-45 second promo just pimping the shtein out of Innes.  Calling him the "most talked about afternoon host in decades".  No mention of Bruno either.  I have no doubt that he's their plan to eventually replace Angelo
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

yeah i could go without mayes but i guess he stays over eytan shander. ellis should make it interesting, always thought he was pretty good on WIP.

i havent listened but is bruno onboard with innes or does he seem to just be collecting a paycheck ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

ellis is my man....im never in the car from 10-2, but its good to see knowledgeable, non hungry hungry hippos getting run time

bruno is a total non factor. its all innis. theres a lot of fat, stupid people who want to hear a fat, stupid person talk about 1000 different subjects, sometimes 1 of which is sports. america isnt a great place all the time.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: smeags on June 22, 2015, 10:10:06 AM
yeah i could go without mayes but i guess he stays over eytan shander. ellis should make it interesting, always thought he was pretty good on WIP.

i havent listened but i bruno onboard with inees or does he seem to just be collecting a paycheck ?

I listened here and there a week or two after they were on just to see what they were all about. Bruno is nothing like the Bruno that was on the fanatic. He's dull. Innes was on a rant about Bitchanelli and how he used to bully poor Tony Bruno and how he wants to beat him blah blah blah.

smeags

Quote from: SD on June 22, 2015, 11:35:42 AM
Quote from: smeags on June 22, 2015, 10:10:06 AM

i havent listened but i bruno onboard with inees or does he seem to just be collecting a paycheck ?

I listened here and there a week or two after they were on just to see what they were all about. Bruno is nothing like the Bruno that was on the fanatic. He's dull. Innes was on a rant about Bitchanelli and how he used to bully poor Tony Bruno and how he wants to beat him blah blah blah.

the crossover show with bruno and mikey miss on 97.5 was some good radio. i agree with todd, ellis is a breath of fresh air and talks sports.

PhillyPhreak54

Who is Andy Bloom's boss and why hasn't he fired Bloom?

Munson

lol yeah Miss and Bruno interacting was always hilarious.

I actually kind of like Mayes. Should be able to hold his own with Ellis.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: smeags on June 22, 2015, 11:55:46 AM
the crossover show with bruno and mikey miss on 97.5 was some good radio. i agree with todd, ellis is a breath of fresh air and talks sports.

Quotelol yeah Miss and Bruno interacting was always hilarious.

I like Rob Ellis and the Bruno/Missanelli crossover was good shtein.

I honestly can take about 30 seconds of Innes.  One of the first times I heard him he was going on about some stupid prank he wanted to pull and poor Bruno had to act like he ws into it.  I think you're right Smeags, Bruno shows up and gets paid and he's fine.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: Munson on June 23, 2015, 01:03:19 AM
lol yeah Miss and Bruno interacting was always hilarious.

I actually kind of like Mayes. Should be able to hold his own with Ellis.

First time I met Mayes, he comes back to the intern station and asks the interns if any of us live in Montgomery county. We all said no, he said good, if you're in that area tonight watch out for the following areas because they're setting up DUI checkpoints.

Another time one of the restaurants - may have been Chickies - sent food up, and a huge bucket of Bud Light. Nobody had the balls to drink the Bud Light, but Mayes, between commercial breaks, cracks one open and pounds one before he has to go back on. Then he grabs another one during his next break and the Program Director (Matt Nahigian, great guy) got in his shtein.

MDS

ive met harry before at some game somewhere....good dude. not a self centered arrogant douche like miss.

his show with ellis should be pretty good. i think they could beat the borefest that is barkann/reese

smeags

so far so good. talking plenty of sixers and the upcoming draft.

i guess one good thing now that the nba season is over with is that we dont have to hear mikey miss cry like a bitch about lebron not getting enough love.

PhillyPhreak54

Harry loves to bet sports and lives in Phoenixville