The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

drizzling in north jersey..cmon bitch, bring it

shorebird

Local gov. is calling for a mandatory evac west of the 301-50 split on the Eastern Shore. Farg it, I'm staying. Maybe society will get lucky and I'll drown, or get blown to hell.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 27, 2011, 10:52:21 AM
all i care about is that the power stays on....christ is it annoying when that happens

As much as I wanted to experience a hurricane - not having power was what caused me to go to San Antonio when Ike hit. Sitting around with no power, no water and dealing with sweltering temps? Pass.

I need my Internet and AC.

PhillyPhreak54

Write your SSN on your body so they can ID you, Shore.

shorebird

I'll be dead, why would I care?

ice grillin you

how are you going to die in rain and 40 mph winds?

settle down chief
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Winds are going to be 50-75+, Schwartz.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

And a 5-7 ft. water surge, not counting the 4-5 inches of rain forcasted.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 27, 2011, 12:16:22 PM
how are you going to die in rain and 40 mph winds?

settle down chief

I'm talking if you live close enough to be affected by storm surge and don't get out.

ice grillin you

im talkin to shore...i know where he lives and what hes getting is basically a slightly glorified rainy day....no chance to die uless you drive your car thru a flooded stream and get swept away...in other words stupidity is the only thing killing you in this stuff not the weather itself

SunMo

grocery store was farging retarded last night.  people buying 6 and 7 cases of bottled water.  morons.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

That's not dumb to buy that much Sun. If there was things to load up on bottled water and batteries are it.

If the water goes out for a week or more like here - those cases will come in handy.

Now buying the blizzard prep stuff like milk and eggs and whatever else is dumb. I'm fascinated by the pre-storm shopping phenomenon. If I were a media person I'd do a story on why people feel the need to act like civilization is about to end.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 27, 2011, 12:48:06 PM
That's not dumb to buy that much Sun. If there was things to load up on bottled water and batteries are it.

If the water goes out for a week or more like here - those cases will come in handy.

youre talking about cat 4 and 5 hurricanes that you could get down south....this isnt even a hurricane period where we live....we have a tropical storm warning...its gonna be really rainy and slightly windy for a while...thats it....

in fact in north cackalacka where it made landfall it wasnt even that bad

SD

^What havas said

I filled up 2 gallons of filtered tap water in the unlikely event something drastic happens. Buying 5 or 6 cases of bottled water is flat out retarded. Buying bottled water in the first place is retarded and wasteful but that's a different topic for a different day.

And yeah, iceholes are out in droves. I had to run to the bank then took my daughter to 5 and Below to pick a few arts and crafts things up, that way she'll have something to do today and won't drive me insane. Anyway every friggen store is a mob scene and people are already driving like it's the end of the world. I bought a case of beer and am going to order a 2 pizzas and some wings. That way I have food for today and tomorrow. I'll switch the pizza toppings up so I don't get bored.

ice grillin you

exactly on the water....fill your own bottles or coolers with tap water...unless your tap sucks and you always buy bottled there is no need to buy bottled before a storm like this

really the only place this storm is going to impact...outside of some localized flooding and power outages...is along the shore with significant erosion flooding and very minor damage to buildings

this is nowhere near the storm they thought it was going to be....some models are showing it curving east but it looks due north to me...this storm never got its act together and all of these mandatory evacuations are going to end up being way over the top....lol indoor school activities were actually cancelled around md-dc-va today....i think the fact forecasters blew this one so badly that it could mean trouble the next time a legit storm does come....but that rarely ever happens in this part of the country anyway