Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

It looked more like a strike the first time I saw it.  But still, there is no excuse.  He is the big bat collecting the big dollars, and he was cool with hoping for a borderline walk and leaving the clutch hitting to a guy who won't be on the team next season.

charlie

Actually to me, it looked more like a ball the first time I saw it. Seeing that replay now, it was no doubt a strike.

No worries though, there's officially a waiting list for season tickets to the phils, so it's all good.

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 25, 2010, 09:02:45 AM
thats still the kind of pitch (low and away) when hes on he hits to the wall in left center...

exactly, that was the perfect pitch for him to hit into left field somewhere and possibly win the game with utley running from first.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Even if Howard did take a swing at that pitch, there's still no way he'd make contact.  If I'm not mistaken, every ab of his in the series with RISP ended with a swinging 3rd strike.....or at least it felt that way. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hey, at least Howard isn't the highest-paid player to watch a 3rd strike to end a league championship series this year.  That's something.

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 25, 2010, 09:58:31 AM
Hey, at least Howard isn't the highest-paid player to watch a 3rd strike to end a league championship series this year.  That's something.

:-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I cannot believe Howard said that.

of those 108 RBIs, tough guy, precisely ZERO of them were in the playoffs.

Dick.

Should have swung the goddamn bat. But hey, enjoy your cash. Wear a mask when you pick up your check,

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Roy Halladay wins MLB clutch performer of the year.

PhillyPhreak54

Ryan Howard wins MLB unclutch performer of the year.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 27, 2010, 04:50:10 PM
Roy Halladay wins MLB clutch performer of the year.

1-1 with over a 4 era in the biggest series of the year does not scream and yell clutch to me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

It doesn't scream Cy Young either but he's going to win that as well.