Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: SD on July 27, 2010, 11:09:16 PM
A couple of twitter updates said Dom Brown was no where to be found after the Ironpigs game. Wonder if they're bringing him up for Vic.

Buck Showalter was all over Brown on espn radio earlier today.  Said the kid is the real deal.  Best prospect in baseball right now. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Miller:

QuotePhillies had scout Jim Fregosi, Jr., in KC to watch Greinke on Monday and he'll be in Cleveland on Wednesday to scout Carmona facing NYY

Munson

wouldn't mind at all if they could buy low on Greinke.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on July 28, 2010, 03:14:40 AM
Quote from: SD on July 27, 2010, 11:09:16 PM
A couple of twitter updates said Dom Brown was no where to be found after the Ironpigs game. Wonder if they're bringing him up for Vic.

Buck Showalter was all over Brown on espn radio earlier today.  Said the kid is the real deal.  Best prospect in baseball right now. 

i love HOF brown but i would just about bet my life that showalter has never seen him play
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Victorino said he was hoping to avoid a stint on the disabled list. He intially felt the oblique - located on the left side of the rib cage - grab in the sixth inning while running the bases, then felt it tighten while running to catch a fly ball off the bat of Stephen Drew in the seventh. After making the catch, he walked off the field next to team athletic trainer Mark Andersen.

"I just wanted to be precautionary on that," said Victorino, who went 2-for-4 and scored a run to improve his average to .250. "I don't want to make it longer than we need to. Hopefully nothing's really [wrong] except for it being sore."

wouldnt it have been precautionary to come out of the game in the 6th?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

it's embarrassing how long they hold guys down in the minors
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

They don't want that arbitration clock to start ticking until the last possible second, Mosy.

And yeah, it's embarrassing as hell considering he should be starting in the Majors, not mired in cow-tipping country.

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 28, 2010, 03:38:24 AM
Miller:

QuotePhillies had scout Jim Fregosi, Jr., in KC to watch Greinke on Monday and he'll be in Cleveland on Wednesday to scout Carmona facing NYY

well now.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Is there a better job on earth than baseball scout?

SunMo

i know why they are doing it, but it's pathetic

ryan howard didn't start playing here until he was 25
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

PoopyfaceMcGee

At least 34 wins still needed to make the playoffs, by my count.  Bums.

smeags

if all else fails at least your daughter finally got to see a werth homerun.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, I told her about it.  It wasn't on the teevee here in MA.