Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: KDS on July 17, 2010, 12:29:16 PM
because at some point you have to get over stuff

cliff lee is never coming back. it sucks. it was an all time awful move.

but it happened and its over and they are still playing baseball. the world still spins on its axis, priests still rape little boys, you still gorge on bacon bits. life goes on.

post of the year.

learn it, live it, love it.

MDS

because its just sports. if youre still honestly thinking about a 1997 eagles game that in the grand scheme of things meant nothing because that team wasnt any good, then i fear for you. i know you have other hobbies, a lovely girl, what appears to be a career. those things.

living in "what if" land is fun for a debate or two but other than that its borders on psychotic and creepy. the phillies won a world series 2 years ago. they are and always will be an incompetent organization. frankly we all should have seen this coming. we got our 1 title, that was fun. but the party is probably over for another decade or two.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ill appreciate the title 1 billion percent in probably three years (not that i dont appreciate it now)...but right now the fury that is that trade and the fact that a two time ws team in thbeir prime and with a small window traded away a #1 pitcher is...well really there are no words for it

and sports IS life....get with it or get out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea it sucks. it sucks for everyone. thats rube's legacy. the guy who traded cliff lee for no name, no talent prospects. soon enough the eagles will have their city crown back, joe banner will be egotistically happy and everything will be alright. youll see.

as for this team and not hypothetical cliff lee's, they rushed polanco back without a rehab and hes playing 3rd and hitting 2nd. cant you just smell the desperation they have?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

In 2008 I told myself they win this one and they get a 5 year pass. I'll complain when they play like crap or Lidge blows a game but they almost repeated last season, 3 WS appearances in a row is almost unheard of, that's why I don't feel the pressure like I did in past seasons. They won it, now I'm just happy they field a good team and baseball is back in Philly. There's no window with this team, they now have a good revenue so they'll at least be decent from here on out.

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on July 17, 2010, 12:41:44 PM
yea it sucks. it sucks for everyone. thats rube's legacy. the guy who traded cliff lee for no name, no talent prospects. soon enough the eagles will have their city crown back, joe banner will be egotistically happy and everything will be alright. youll see.

as for this team and not hypothetical cliff lee's, they rushed polanco back without a rehab and hes playing 3rd and hitting 2nd. cant you just smell the desperation they have?

why do you say they rushed him back...im not disagreeing cause i have no idea his of his true health status but he was seemingly fine playing in clearwater

Quote from: SD on July 17, 2010, 12:42:57 PM
In 2008 I told myself they win this one and they get a 5 year pass. I'll complain when they play like crap or Lidge blows a game but they almost repeated last season, 3 WS appearances in a row is almost unheard of, that's why I don't feel the pressure like I did in past seasons. They won it, now I'm just happy they field a good team and baseball is back in Philly. There's no window with this team, they now have a good revenue so they'll at least be decent from here on out.

i said the same thing after 2008...but that was dependant on them going for another title...not trading away #1 pitchers...that automatically erases any free passes they had...and i totally disagree about them not having a window...they are gonna be really bad from lets say 2012/13 to at least 2017...but in general i get your point that they arent in the vet anymore and they dont have the cash flow problems of the 90's...that said they still need a big pocket and/or coporate owner

SD

You can't modify that when something you don't like happens. For instance, if prior to game 5 of the 2008 world series the baseball gods said the Phils would win but they get a 5 year pass every Phils fans would have taken that deal.

Know what I think? That title was like crack, and you're an addict in denial.

MDS

they arent ever gonna be bad

might not be a ws contender for a while but they will at worst be average

SD

Pretty sure Ibanez is mentally challenged

SD

Quote from: KDS on July 17, 2010, 01:33:40 PM
they arent ever gonna be bad

might not be a ws contender for a while but they will at worst be average

They're now in the Cardinals/Yanks/Red Sox class where they generate enough revenue to at least be contenders every year. Baseball is back, 'WE' have a title, I'm happy with that...for now.

ice grillin you

every single player on the team either gets old or is up for free agency at generally the same time over the next three years and they dont have a good farm system

not even the yankees could over come that and the phillies ownership certainly cant

they are gonna suck for a while

SD

3 years is long enough to build up a farm system, it's actually an eternity when you have a winning team on the field. And once those guys are up so are their contracts. They'll at least be competitive.

MDS

well they could have 3 first round picks, but they traded away cliff lee for 3 guys who wont sniff AAA....so theres that

ice grillin you

three years is tough to build up a farm system...but it can be done...three years to build a farm system with numerous major league ready players is impossible

ice grillin you

dumbest player ever strikes again