Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2010, 12:00:02 AM
the part where he was your best friend for most of this evening

Were you sitting next to me at the game?

You're clueless.

MDS

jesus how awful is tmac

dare i say he makes wheels look good

what a terrible, annoying announcer. does anyone like this guy?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don Ho

Quote from: KDS on July 10, 2010, 01:29:44 AM
jesus how awful is tmac

I guess I've been lucky.  I grew up my whole life a Phillies fan and never had access to radio broadcasts until 2002 when I first purchased mlb.com.  I always had to wait for the bums on TBS or the occasional national broadcast.  I was never exposed to the Wheels torture.  I didn't get the whole Wheels hate until recently but I am starting to get it.  McCarthy is so-so.  I really liked Scott Graham and still don't understand why he got hosed. 

Start scouting Hawaii for a new play by play announcer.  Harry K and Al Michaels got their start in Hawaii.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I drank a helluva lot tonight.

Did that really happen or was that a drunken fantasy?

I'll find out after I wake up.

Don Ho

shtein Phreak!  What is it 3:30 AM your time.?  I had a few margaritas and a couple of glasses of a nice Chardonnay with dinner.  Just decided to take a nice walk around the neighborhood to work off dinner, got half way down the block, felt a light tropical drizzle and said farg it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Quote from: KDS on July 10, 2010, 01:29:44 AM
jesus how awful is tmac

he's the human equivalent of a vuvuzela.

awesome comeback last night, especially dobbs' blast in the ninth. 

SunMo

tmac's call on ransom's home run was so bad, it almost made me regret the fact the phillies won
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SunMo on July 10, 2010, 09:48:16 AM
tmac's call on ransom's home run was so bad, it almost made me regret the fact the phillies won

Howard's HR was ruined by it too.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

BigEd76

Apparently he's trying to steal Mel Allen's HOW BOUT THAT too.  Exclaiming it during a Jonny Gomes 3-run HR....what the fk is wrong with this guy

And according to the highlights shows:

-- this is only the 2nd time in Phillies history they've ended back-to-back games with walkoff HRs (the other was in the 1960s)
-- Cincinnati is the first team in the modern era to blow two games in one season where they had a lead of 6+ in the 9th inning

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 10, 2010, 12:24:04 PM
Cincinnati is the first team in the modern era to blow two games in one season where they had a lead of 6+ in the 9th inning

^^^
this one line is why baseball is so awesome
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkVumSFu5tA&feature=player_embedded

franzke's call with video

hes not harry, no one will be, but hes 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than tmac
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on July 10, 2010, 05:42:38 AM
shtein Phreak!  What is it 3:30 AM your time.?  I had a few margaritas and a couple of glasses of a nice Chardonnay with dinner.  Just decided to take a nice walk around the neighborhood to work off dinner, got half way down the block, felt a light tropical drizzle and said farg it.

Yeah, it was late. I don't quite recall how many beers I ended up drinking. I woke up at 11 hangover free, which was a minor miracle. When I went to the gym the only things coming out of my pores was beer.

Helluva comeback. Let's hope Halladay can handle up tonight.

PhillyPhreak54

Sorry, Don...

Sardinha DFA'd - Chooch activated from DL