Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

farg this bitching vs no bitching bullshtein.

They are playing like absolute ass. I know baseball, so save the shots, and I know bad baseball when I see it. The lackluster offense and dumb plays are ridiculous.

They just got shut out by Ra fleshpopey.

They almost got no hit by Hiroshimo.

Great effort tonight, iceholes.

QB Eagles

slump right now. it happens. get worried if it starts stretching into a three week thing.

MDS

basically

you can yell at your tv on rant here if it makes you feel better

but dont go jumping off bridges. they will still win the nl east.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

San Diego, Minnesota, and the Yankees all have a worse record than the Phils over their last ten games. Two lead their division and the third would if it wasn't for the freakish play of the Rays. And the Rays will eventually come down to earth.

I guess you can still complain about the Phils not clearly dominating all of MLB, but the fact is that they are competitive with any team in the league. For every soft patch like this they go on two tears in other parts of the season.

Getting embarrassed by the Mets really sucks, but baseball is a game where even if your team is incredible, they win only like 60% of their games, and they still lose series' against zesty teams. So I gotta say that I don't get being so upset about being 3 games up in May, especially when they've been battling injuries to important guys. Better them go through this shtein now than in October.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 25, 2010, 11:05:26 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 25, 2010, 09:34:52 PM
This team makes me want to actually watch hockey right now. 

I watched the season finale of Chuck once it got to 4-0.  Just knew it was going to be one of those games.

The difference is that I assume you like Chuck.  I, on the other hand, would rather funnel hot wax down my pee hole than watch hockey. 

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 25, 2010, 11:38:34 PM
farg this bitching vs no bitching bullshtein.

They are playing like absolute ass. I know baseball, so save the shots, and I know bad baseball when I see it. The lackluster offense and dumb plays are ridiculous.

They just got shut out by Ra fleshpopey.

They almost got no hit by Hiroshimo.

Great effort tonight, iceholes.

im not talking about you, egomaniac

what we dont need is the day to day rolling commentary on every inning of every game. with the flyers hogging all the attention for their little sport that in the grand scheme of things doesnt really count, thats stopped

stretches like this are going to happen to every team. they are not gong to be playing as well as they could until jimmy, if ever, gets back and until lidge and madson, if ever and if effective upon return, get back. zolecki had an article out that the phillies are still scouting other options should lidge not be any good...but its may, and its not remotely possible to start talking trades yet

they have played like crap. the offense is cold. yes. but baseball is just a bunch of averages and right now it just happens to be dipping down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I made a vow this season. I'm staying out of this.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

so now its good enough to just be better than san diego and minesota and win the nl east

YAY!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 26, 2010, 07:28:51 AM
so now its good enough to just be better than san diego and minesota and win the nl east

At this point in the season, yes. The team with the best record on 5/26 is usually not the team that wins the World Series. As long as they are in that mix of top teams they are in good shape.

ice grillin you

no they need to be as good as the best teams not the good teams

boston showed this past weekend that the phils arent there right now...regardless of their record the sox are one of the best teams...certainly much better than sd

in june they have nine straight against the sox yanks and twins with the sox and yanks on the road...that will be a nice barometer as to their world series chances
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 26, 2010, 07:48:40 AM
in june they have nine straight against the sox yanks and twins with the sox and yanks on the road...that will be a nice barometer as to their world series chances

No it won't, and you know it. It about staying within striking distance and then getting hot at the right time and staying healthy.

This is a power hitting team that historically looks like crap against junkballers like Wakefield. 6 weeks from now everyone will forget all of this.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

BigEd76

junkball lefty Asian tonight.  They're gettin no-hit

MDS

i hope a meteor hits levittown