Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: SD on May 11, 2010, 01:43:59 PM
Call me overly optimistic, but I think Contreras will do fine in the closers role. He should be the full time #2 option when Madson gets back.

He's good, no doubt. But with his age the only concern is keeping him effective. I dont think he'll be this consistent using him on back to back days throughout the rest of the season.

If Lidge goes on the DL I would like to see Matheison brought up to be given a shot to close.

ice grillin you

After the game, Savard said, "I was just facing the boards again and enough is enough of that. So it's a reaction, part of hockey, I guess."

Part of hockey...

"I just got fired up," Savard said, explaining how he and Lucic reacted by tag-teaming Richards. "Like I got hit the other night in Philly, from behind, and then I was facing the glass again in the same situation (Monday night). And I look back at (Krecji) and enough is enough. So I don't know, that's all."

Asked then if he thinks Richards is trying to hurt somebody, Savard said, "I don't know. That's the way he plays. It's part of his demeanor. He'll never change. So I don't know."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Actually, the threads should be merged.  Chooch is now 3rd on the Flyers' depth chart at goalie.

PhillyPhreak54

Jimmy's coming back next homestand.  :yay

SD

Game postponed due to rain. Doubleheader is scheduled for Wednesday with game 1 starting at 3:10 and game 2 starting at 8:40. Forecast doesn't look much better, though.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD on May 11, 2010, 08:54:10 PM
Game postponed due to rain. Doubleheader is scheduled for Wednesday with game 1 starting at 3:10 and game 2 starting at 8:40. Forecast doesn't look much better, though.

That's just the crying from the Rockies at the prospect of having to face Halladay.

LBIggle

no matter, now halladay gets to pitch 18 innings instead of only 9.

Sgt PSN

Toronto series moved to Philly but Toronto will be the home team and the DH will be in play.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/Series_on_verge_of_change.html

PhillyPhreak54

Apparently the Rockies are crying about the Phillies stealing signs after the camera caught Billmeyer using binoculars and then calling up Vic in the dugout.

MDS

how do you cry about stealing signs

everyone tries to steal signs in baseball. everyone. its part of the game. if you know your signs are being stolen, change them. its not rocket science you god damn rocky mountain cousin fargers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'll never understand that either. So what if they got your hit and run sign? So what if the guy at 2nd knows that the second sign from the catcher is the one?

Play ball, clowns.

Sgt PSN

I'm all for stealing signs as long as it's done honestly.  Using binoculars crosses the line imo. 

MDS

what honesty is there in stealing signs
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.