Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Quote from: SD on May 08, 2010, 12:39:08 PM
It was clearly an error that was caused by the elements (sun and wind).

agree.. i was surprised when they did call it a triple.  it was a routine pop up that bounced off his glove.  it was sunny and there was some wind, but it was something he should've caught.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 08, 2010, 01:20:05 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on May 08, 2010, 01:03:11 PM
Utley has the day off today....Polanco starts at 2B.  No Charlie either (personal reasons not related to his health)....Mackanin will manage...

I don't get it.  If Cholly is having some personal issues, why doesn't he blow up on the field, yell at some fans and then walk out in the middle of a game?  Seems like it would be the more professional way to go about it.

On Fox they said that his daughter was getting married.

SD

They kept that under wraps for some reason, it was never mentioned anywhere locally until the Fox broadcast team brought it up.

Sgt PSN

Probably because it's no one's damned business. 

SD

It's not like she's a lesbian or something

Sgt PSN

No, but Cholly doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who enjoys having any details of his personal life made public.  So as far as he's concerned, his daughter getting hitched isn't really anyone's business. 

SD

For the record I don't really care

ice grillin you

rauls swing on the 2-0 count when medlen was more over the map than carmen san diego was the worst baseball decision ive ever seen and turned the whole game around
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I'm surprised that anyone, with the exception of the city of Philadelphia and the people in the stands, saw the game. farging FOX.

SD

There was plenty of Yankees/Sox rain delay coverage

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2010, 08:40:24 PM
rauls swing on the 2-0 count when medlen was more over the map than carmen san diego was the worst baseball decision ive ever seen and turned the whole game around

what the farg is wrong with you

you are a retarded combo of mcgraw and munson
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I'll be in the 300 level in right field today, hopefully not watching Cole get his vagina torn up
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

That Jayson Werth is pretty good.

MDS

sunday afternoon with chip carey

ugh
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: KDS on May 09, 2010, 01:58:55 PM
sunday afternoon with chip carey

ugh

Extra Innings on DirecTV has been consistently offering the Phils' feed this year.  I don't always use it, but I will to stay away from Caray.