Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

in 2008 or maybe 2007 the phillies drafted this kid jared cosart in the 40th round of the draft...he was supposedly going to be impossible to sign...somehow the phils got it done...he was a better OF than pitcher but if you worked with him his upside as a pitcher was supposed to be pretty high

well hes now at lakewood and is 3-0 with 3bb and 24k on the season

if you care about this kind of stuff hes a really interesting prospect to follow
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

read about him on a phillyburbs article in the spring, they said he's a guy to really focus on. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

could he be any worse then kendrick ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

lol @ kendrick vs HOF hanson tonight

MDS

not right now, no

kendrick isnt this bad, odds are he should pitch better. i mean he sucks, but he doesnt suck to the point where he cant get out of the 3rd inning against the nationals. he sucks to the point where he should give up 5 runs in 6 innings or something. just barely keeping the phillies in the game, kind of.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

youre thinking of moyer

kendrick really does suck this bad

MDS

they are about the same, with moyer being more effective if he hits his spots and doesnt get beat on weak grounders like the first inning against florida on saturday.

i have no doubt that kendrick is going to get destroyed tonight, but he has gotten people out before in this league. he sort of knows how to pitch, i guess. but right now its looking like pedro martinez needs to get his ass in gear. or fatty blanton needs to come back, asap.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

any chance of kendrick being a servicable starter to any degree the phillies took care of.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Great weekend, jerks.

They cost me a parlay on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm not too pissed about Saturday because I didn't expect Old Man River to beat Nolasco. So they were an add on at the end of a small one.

But Sunday, they cost me a hundred bucks.

ice grillin you

im not saying they will lose everytime but i would never bet the phils against any even remotely good lefthander

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Don Ho

and even better, Kendrick's looked good through 2 in Atlanta.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2010, 12:19:40 PM
in 2008 or maybe 2007 the phillies drafted this kid jared cosart in the 40th round of the draft...he was supposedly going to be impossible to sign...somehow the phils got it done...he was a better OF than pitcher but if you worked with him his upside as a pitcher was supposed to be pretty high

well hes now at lakewood and is 3-0 with 3bb and 24k on the season

if you care about this kind of stuff hes a really interesting prospect to follow
He's a stud. 

He keeps this up and he will be giving Brown a run for his money as the Phils #1 prospect

MDS