Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

I'm hearing his leg was amputated, and he shoudl be back in less than a month
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

sweet, phils are talking contract with pedro.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 13, 2010, 01:38:20 PM
I'm hearing his leg was amputated, and he shoudl be back in less than a month

He should call Jevon for some pointers on how to handle that injury

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 13, 2010, 01:43:28 PM
Quote from: smeags on April 13, 2010, 01:41:35 PM
sweet, phils are talking contract with pedro.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/Nothing_imminent_with_Pedro.html

way, way too early with pedro

if they get bring him back its for 2 months and its because they couldnt make a sensible deadline deal. most likely something has to happen because you cant honestly expect to win a world series with kyle kendrick, jamie moyer, an injured and fat joe blanton and the sopping wet vagina that is cole hamels making up the non HOF halladay/jay aye portion of your rotation.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

its just keeping the door open with Pedro
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

when kyle kendrick and jamie moyer are two fifths of your rotation its never to early
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

^^^^Exactly

Give me Pedro, he gives you 5 or 6 strong innings and is a technician on the mound. I don't mind waiting it out till summer so he's fresh for another postseason run.

Seabiscuit36

PASS, keep that arm ready, but dont need him to eat innings yet

Sgt PSN

yeah, that's my concern with pedro right now too.  if you wait until july/august to bring him in, he'll still be pretty strong for a deep playoff run.  but if you bring him in now, he'll probably be tired in aug/sept.  i suppose if you bring him in now, you could pitch him until august and then put him on the dl in sept with an arm injury just so he could rest, but that doesn't seem likely.  especially considering that this offense is more than capable of bailing out kendrik/moyer/whoever on most days and all you really need any of them to do is not get shelled for 6 runs in 3 innings.  but if any of them gives you 5 or 6 innings and "holds" the other team to 4 or 5 runs, then the bats are definitely capable of winning the game.   

ice grillin you

jimmy has a grade 2 strain and will hit the dl

Sgt PSN

can you clarify what a grade 2 sprain is?  i don't watch house or er.  nor did i stay in a holiday inn express last night. 

rjs246

He hurt his calf badly enough that he has to sit out for a minute by doing what exactly? Jogging around the outfield? Christ baseball players are such Hoydas.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Soccer Fan on April 13, 2010, 04:26:49 PM
He hurt his calf badly enough that he has to sit out for a minute by doing what exactly? Jogging around the outfield? Christ baseball players are such Hoydas.

rjs246

I see what you did there. But it took me a second.

Soccer players go down for one second and then get up and sprint for an hour and a half straight.

Baseball players and their atrophied calves sit out for two weeks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.