Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 07, 2010, 09:18:12 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on April 07, 2010, 09:16:01 PM
Polanco

BEAST!

since i only have the gamecast to go by, please explain how one singles to the pitcher.  because that's how they show it in the game log.  i'm guessing it was just a little dribbler like halladay's was yesterday but i'm hoping that he drove one back into the pitcher's face. 

I didn't see this answered, but it was a hard hopper off the pitcher's calf.  By the time the pitcher found the ball, the throw to first was too late.

mpmcgraw

Brown is not ready.  Francisco is next in line for a starting gig in the outfield, for the rest of this year anyway.

LBIggle

i doubt their paying werth and howard the fat cash.  of course it depends on what type of year werth has too.

MDS

watching games on dvr = teh suck

also i hope bob carpenter and rob dibble die in a horrible fire tonight. easily the worst announcing team ever. good god.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: KDS on April 08, 2010, 12:32:51 AM
watching games on dvr = teh suck

also i hope bob carpenter and rob dibble die in a horrible fire tonight. easily the worst announcing team ever. good god.

Another reason you need to get the mlb.com premium package.  I was worried I was going to have to hear dibble for 3 hours.  Thank god I got the Phils crew.

MLB.TV is pretty awesome on cable.  I was watching earlier today and they cut from game to game and keep you up to date on everything.  Good stuff.  Hazel Mae who hosts the Quick Pitch show is actually very good.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Really, Jason Marquis?  You want to "go there?"

QuoteThe right-hander, who signed a $15 million, two-year contract with Washington as a free agent, made the case that Howard "does have holes in his swing."
"When I made pitches on him tonight, I got him out," Marquis said. "When I left the one ball out, you saw what he was able to do with it. That's what he thrives on -- a ball up out over the plate, pitchers making a mistake, and getting the barrel through the ball. ... But there's a reason why he also strikes out 200 times, 180 times. He has holes in his swing. So if you make your pitches, you know, he's going to be an out."

from ESPN.com recap

ice grillin you

good to see the old cole is back
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

lol @ marquis' comments.

the entire lineup bent you over last night.  sack up, fruitcake.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 08, 2010, 06:16:14 AM
Really, Jason Marquis?  You want to "go there?"

QuoteThe right-hander, who signed a $15 million, two-year contract with Washington as a free agent, made the case that Howard "does have holes in his swing."
"When I made pitches on him tonight, I got him out," Marquis said. "When I left the one ball out, you saw what he was able to do with it. That's what he thrives on -- a ball up out over the plate, pitchers making a mistake, and getting the barrel through the ball. ... But there's a reason why he also strikes out 200 times, 180 times. He has holes in his swing. So if you make your pitches, you know, he's going to be an out."

from ESPN.com recap

Wow. LOL. Howard just made both him and their #1 his bitches 2 days in a row....and he says that?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

he's 100% right.   but you still don't say it after he lauched one into orbit. 

SunMo

he's partially right.  howard has holes in his swing, sure.  Pujols may be the only one who doesn't though.

but it's not like Howard can only hit meatballs either.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

basically all he said was that if he makes his pitches he will get people out

brilliance
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

pretty much.  it's a very madden-esque statement. 

smeags

the kendrick experiment v 2.5 starts tonight.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

I have more faith in Kendrick than in Hamels right now.