Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

good thing baez gave up that run.  now we get to see madson in a save situation. 

Don Ho

Gritty little bastich isn't he?  Choke it baby.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 07, 2010, 10:05:41 PM
good thing baez gave up that run.  now we get to see madson in a save situation. 

Did Baez even get an out?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

and howard farged up the save opportunity.  wtg a-hole! 

PhillyGirl

holy shtein is Howard a monster!
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Over under on that guy being Phattymatty
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Great to see King Cole was throwing great tonight. Way to come out of the gates in your redemption year, pal.

This offense is absolutely sick. The only weak spot looks to be Ibanez.

PhillyGirl

If Ibanez is done, is there a chance they keep Werth AND bring up D Brown?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 07, 2010, 10:26:28 PM
The only weak spot looks to be Ibanez.

a little too early to tell with that, don't you think? 

PhillyGirl

he batted about .100 in ST

And he was terrible down the stretch last year.

PhillyPhreak54

If Raul is done I think that have no choice but to keep Werth and bring up HOF Brown.

But...if they only have one weak spot and that weak spot can still hit .275ish with 18-20 bombs...that's cool. Because I would think they platoon him a lot more.

Sgt PSN

meh, we've seen it before plenty of times with plenty of players.  when it's may 1 and he's hitting .200 then it's an issue. 

and although it's only 2 games, chooch is spending almost as much time at first base as he does behind home plate.  3h, 4bb and scored a couple of runs.  i think having victorino in the 7spot is going to give him a few extra rbi this year....assuming that vic doesn't fall off now that he's been dropped so far down the line up.   

PhillyPhreak54

I like Vic a lot in the 7 hole. Especially with the way Chooch has turned himself into a good hitter.

Lethal offense.

What's the rotation like for the Astros series? I'm trying to decide which game to go to.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 07, 2010, 10:43:11 PM
I like Vic a lot in the 7 hole. Especially with the way Chooch has turned himself into a good hitter.

i like him there too, but he's probably not going to see as many pitches with the 8-9 hitters following him up, so it's possible he gets frustrated with his new place in the lineup and goes in the tank.  i doubt it, but it's possible.  but yeah, on paper.....having him hit 7th can cause pitchers a lot of problems.  especially if chooch stays patient at the plate like he has been so far.