the brag about your sports memorabilia here thread

Started by Sgt PSN, October 24, 2009, 09:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Trevard Lindley made a great play on Hester on that one return.  Don't hate.

SD

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 28, 2010, 01:42:40 PM
http://www.phillyshow.org

Valley Forge Convention Center this weekend

Friday = Vick, Cunningham, Barnett, Tapp
Saturday = Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels, Victorino, Madson, Schmidt, Carlton, Boone, Luzinski, Stairs, Maddox, McBride, George Vukovich, Dickie Noles, Larry Christenson, Dallas Green, Ron Reed, Warren Brusstar, Kevin Saucier, Herm Starrette, Trevard Lindley (free w/ admission...ha)
Sunday = Rose, Bowa, Madson (again), Unser, Greg Gross, Bystrom, Keith Moreland, Ozzie Virgil, Ramon Aviles, Luis Aguayo, Al Oliver, Dan Larson, Mike Ryan, Laws

Bo Diaz would be on that list if he didn't fall off his roof.

smeags

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 28, 2010, 01:42:40 PM
http://www.phillyshow.org

Valley Forge Convention Center this weekend

Friday = Vick, Cunningham, Barnett, Tapp
Saturday = Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels, Victorino, Madson, Schmidt, Carlton, Boone, Luzinski, Stairs, Maddox, McBride, George Vukovich, Dickie Noles, Larry Christenson, Dallas Green, Ron Reed, Warren Brusstar, Kevin Saucier, Herm Starrette, Trevard Lindley (free w/ admission...ha)
Sunday = Rose, Bowa, Madson (again), Unser, Greg Gross, Bystrom, Keith Moreland, Ozzie Virgil, Ramon Aviles, Luis Aguayo, Al Oliver, Dan Larson, Mike Ryan, Laws

do they have times for these ? i work right up the street from the VFCC.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

lurking wierdo

So, I am puzzled. You guys will actually go wait in line and pay money for someone to sign something of yours? Really? Why? What do you do with it when you get it home? Wow, I have a million questions about this stuff. Are you guys who are doing this adults? 

SunMo

i am puzzled that you arrived at that conclusion from this thread.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

DH

i never understood the value of an autograph either..a picture w someone is cool, but to have their name writtin down on a piece of paper? no thanks. to wait in line for it? definitely no thanks.

BigEd76

This Friday at the Barnes & Noble in Langhorne/Oxford Valley, all of the following will be there signing copies of their books:

Didinger, Stark, Wheeler, Reese, Macnow, Gargano, Eckel, Reuben Frank, Mike Sielski, Randy Miller and Greg Cosell

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

charlie

Why would you want a deadbeat sports writers autograph?

smeags

Quote from: Die-Hard on November 29, 2010, 03:13:56 PM
i never understood the value of an autograph either..a picture w someone is cool, but to have their name writtin down on a piece of paper? no thanks. to wait in line for it? definitely no thanks.

unless you're a guy walking down broad st asking for a foam plate to get nate allen's autograph.

DH

Quote from: smeags on November 29, 2010, 03:53:30 PM

unless you're a guy walking down broad st asking for a foam plate to get nate allen's autograph.

exactly my point..what the farg do you think that guy did with that plate? nothing, thats what.

at least we had a semi cool story to tell from it..

smeags

yeah but i have to admit, cunningham is my all-tme fav eagles player and at one time (jersey disappeared) i had his jersey and it was signed by him at training camp.

but paying for another autograph is kind of crazy.

ice grillin you

i think you should keep better tabs on your favorite players jersey
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

It's a hobby. Memorabilia in general is what I enjoy and autos are a small part of that for me. Some of the autographs I got for free and some I had to pay for at a show or something. I've seen a few athletes/celebs in public and have had quick conversations with them but never asked for their autograph....just seems a bit tacky to do that on their personal time. Ifi catch them at a game or a show, great. Otherwise, no big deal.

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd, aka "Ebay Dude", thanks to Freddie Mitchell is an autograph guy.

I was when I was younger...anyone wanna buy Rodney Peete or Jay Fiedler and Mark McMillian?

My boy is a huge autograph guy. He is a regional manager for a sporting goods store so he has hookups and also travels to all signings and stuff between Austin, San Antonio and DFW. He made over $5k in profit last year in selling stuff on ebay.