Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

some guido in MONROE TOWNSHIP NJ is charging $40 a car to watch the game on a drive in screen

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/07/eagles-drive-in-tailgate/

i honestly cant think of something worse than this
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Not gonna click a TMZ link.

The NFL is cool with this?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

its the same thing as people watching the game at a bar
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Is it?

Have you ever paid to get into a bar to watch the games on Sunday?

I imagine the NFL would demand a cut of a pay-to-view arrangement..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I've paid cover charges more than once to watch games, namely the Super Bowl.  Perfectly legal.   

MDS

directv charges bars more of the sunday ticket package than you or i would pay, so some de recoup that with a cover. some dont. all legal. you cant rebroadcast nfl games or show highlights without clearance but you can gather people and gouge them silly to watch a live game

ppv events are the ones with the restrictions. they would probably shut this down unless the dude paid the insane fee they charge bars (which is why a lot do like $20 covers). its pretty ridiculous and most places cant make a profit off it, they just do it because their customers expect them to

General_Failure

Never mind the legality, I don't want to try to watch a game while Kyle's leaning on the horn on his lifted truck, confederate flag taped to a 2x4 in the bed of his truck flopping limply in the light breeze.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on September 07, 2020, 06:23:50 PM
Never mind the legality, I don't want to try to watch a game while Kyle's leaning on the horn on his lifted truck, confederate flag taped to a 2x4 in the bed of his truck flopping limply in the light breeze.

Were you in Daytona this weekend because I swear to God you just nailed the scene here perfectly. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 07, 2020, 05:48:34 PM
directv charges bars more of the sunday ticket package than you or i would pay, so some de recoup that with a cover. some dont. all legal. you cant rebroadcast nfl games or show highlights without clearance but you can gather people and gouge them silly to watch a live game

ppv events are the ones with the restrictions. they would probably shut this down unless the dude paid the insane fee they charge bars (which is why a lot do like $20 covers). its pretty ridiculous and most places cant make a profit off it, they just do it because their customers expect them to

I'm not exaggerating when I say I might have been to 200 different establishments that have had the ticket and I've never paid for or seen a cover
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

neither have i but im assuming theres some that do...romey alluded to as much

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 07, 2020, 07:35:43 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 07, 2020, 05:48:34 PM

I'm not exaggerating when I say I might have been to 200 different establishments that have had the ticket and I've never paid for or seen a cover

Didn't you and Matt pay to watch LII at McGillin's?

General_Failure

Quote from: Rome on September 07, 2020, 07:12:21 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on September 07, 2020, 06:23:50 PM

Were you in Daytona this weekend because I swear to God you just nailed the scene here perfectly. 

I'm up in Amish Country now, and you couldn't pay me enough to step foot in Florida again.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Maybe the $40 goes to help pay for therapy for anyone who actually shows up?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.