Main Menu

Tra Thomas

Started by MadMarchHare, August 02, 2005, 08:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMarchHare

Living in Chitown sucks right about now.
Got done reading Spad's fluff piece.  At the end he said Tra was going to miss another month?  WTF?  Is this BS, because of the blood clot or something else?  I couldn't find anything in this section on a quick glance, so if'n it's buried in a thread somewhere, bite me.
Anyone but Reid.

Mad-Lad

MadMarchHare

I knew about the clot, but I thought he was cleared for TC.  There was even a fluff piece about it in the Enquirer I think.
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyGirl

According to Ray Didinger, its more of a precautionary measure than anything. They want him to get as much time on the meds as possible, but he'll be there and ready to play when week one rolls around.  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MadMarchHare

Good to hear.  I'd thought he was all done with that shtein, gave me a start.
Anyone but Reid.

RomeyRome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 02, 2005, 08:17:18 AM
According to Ray Didinger, its more of a precautionary measure than anything. They want him to get as much time on the meds as possible, but he'll be there and ready to play when week one rolls around.  :yay

Apparently he'll start praciticing about 2 weeks before game 1, but even then may not be going 100% full speed.

I wouldn't go as far as PG in saying that he'll be ready to play week one.  He may play week one, but no one knows how "ready" he will be, or if he will be in playing shape.  You have to remember that week one is on the turf of Atlanta, so speed will be a big factor on the pass rush.  Will Tra honestly be ready to go a full game going against a fast turf defense?
We'll see I guess.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't know if Tra will be ready in week 1 or not, howEVA...

1. Walter Jones and Orlando Pace sat on their asses for the last few years and didn't play a lick in camp and stepped right in and played in week 1.

2. Even if he doesn't play, Artis will slide out and play LT.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

goeagles99

The key to this situation is LG.  I'm fine with Hicks at LT.  I'm more concerned with whether Sciullo is improved enough to be good at LG or whether Darilek or Adrien Clarke can take away his job. 

MURP

if there is one position that you dont have to be in great shape to step in and play a game, its Oline.  Thats for damn sure.