Phillies season 10

Started by MURP, September 24, 2005, 11:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

GODDaMN PHILS ARE 1 BACK...2 TO PLAY
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Eagles76ersFan

I never knew what a heart attack felt like, until now.

Godbless those Cubs.

MDS

I'm gonna shtein myself. 1 game out!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

i still farging hate this team.

:P

but this could get interesting.
Connection Problems

SD_Eagle5

Only 1 game back but I still hate Urbina.  :evil

MDS

Watch the Astros and Phillies both lose their next two  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Apparantley none other than CB Bucknor is umpiring the Astros/Cubs series and has farged up some calls for the Astros. Way to go to you zesty pile of crap  :yay

PhillyPhreak54

Yay Cubs!

If they tie...who the hell is going to start the 1 game playoff? Padilla?!?

But the good thing is that Azzholes used up Pettitte, Clemens and Oswalt (on Sunday).

Padilla vs. Backe to go to the playoffs if they tie! :-D

And the Phils BP is about toasted, fellas. Crispy effin' toast, those guys.

We're going to see Rheal Cormier in a big spot tomorrow and/or Sunday. :'(

MDS

Yea the pen is pretty much cooked. Except for Aaron Fultz. But he's not allowed to pitch in clutch spots. Manuel will wear out Urbina and Wagner every game. It would help if Myers and Lieber can work a CG, or if the offense can smack the shtein out of Patterson and Carrasco so we dont have to worry about it. Well, thats not how the Phillies role. 1 run games is the only way to go.

Wags was actually fine today. Made 1 bad pitch to Byrd and a stupid hit batter was the other baserunner. He then gave up a weak groundball and a pop up. He's fine. Its Urbina I'm worried about. Utley made a nice play in the 7th to stop a rally. Why didnt Fultz come in and force the lefty-lefty matchup on Wilkerson? Because Manuel only trusts two guys at this point. Thats redonculous. Fultz has been fantastic. Use him.

Yes, El Loco de Vince Padilla will go monday against Brandon Backe. I'm not sure what I want more, the Phillies losing within these next two games or getting to monday and losing in some extruciatingly frusturating form against the Astros. Were 0 for our last 12 against them. We knew what happened when they were here last time. I'll probably kill myself during that game.

PhillyPhreak54

Best case scenario:

Myers pitches 7 strong tomorrow and the Phils put up a huge lead, something like 12-4 or 9-1 so Aqualino Lopez can finish it off.

But with John Patterson pitching, he's a tough matchup despite being a RHP. But we have to hope for a goddamn blowout to save the bullpen. I hope Utley and Howard feast on Patterson. Bobby A is really hurting. His shoulder and his leg are killing him and he isn't doing shtein right now.

I'd strongly consider playing Victorino in RF tomorrow night. But we know Manuel won't.

On Sunday we'll need Lieber to pitch a CG or 8 strong. Or like I said...hope for another f'ing blowout so he can get out of there in the 6th. Carrasco pitching gives thema shot at a blowout. Better shot at blowing them out with him on the mound versus Patterson.

Also...I FARGING HATE 4PM games on Saturdays.

MDS

Really odd that Fox moved the game considering only those in Philly, Houston, Chicago and DC areas are getting it. MLB is stupid, so they don't have DH's on saturdays....not even at this time of the year. So we won't get the Yankees/Sox game here, and really nobody is getting a 4pm game. The only plus from this is Fox can give us constant updates of the Astros game and if the Phillies finish first, we can go to the end of the Astros game.

I'm feeling good things from Myers today. Good thing about Clemens going is that he's coming off an injury and probably can lost longer than the 6th or 7th. The last thing I want to see is us needing to win and needing Roy Owalt to lose. I figured the Astros could lose the Rodriguez start, the Clemens start and maybe one of the Pettitte/Oswalt. Well....so far things look like they might fall into place.

Rome

Clemens tonight.  Myers too.

Amazingly, they both have identical 12-8 records.

Sweet Jesus, please, please...

:-\

Rome

BTW: God is finally paying me off for watching all of those Daytona Cubs games through the years.  Dozens and dozens of games I've watched and now Chicago is going to do it for us.

Woot!

:-D

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen