Phillies season 9

Started by MURP, September 14, 2005, 09:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

:o Martinez with a Granny!  7-0  :yay

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Use Martinez more. Over Perez, especiallly.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS - how 'bout fixing that sig line, bro? :-D

Kelly Johnson 2-R triple with 2 outs.

Martinez should play 3B vs. RHP and 1B vs. LHP

MDS

WTF happened to the apostrophes?

They can't ruin my favorite line from Arrested.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Phils destroy the Braves once again.

A. Jones gets his 50th/300th HR to make it 12-4 (was a BOMB).

About as meaningless as it gets though lol

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 14, 2005, 09:58:04 PM

Didn't hurt the Phils, and helped my fantasy team.  :yay

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 14, 2005, 09:58:04 PM

Kinda like an Abreu homer usually is, right PG?

:-D

PS: You guys realize they're just setting us all up again, right?  Please tell me you understand that and have accepted the fact that they are doomed.  Is that too much to ask?

MDS

Of course theyre setting us up. But its no fun if we dont get sucked into believing they can actually do this.

Rome

MLB.TV finally put up the video highlight of Jones's home run.

Holy shteinburgers.

:o

SD_Eagle5

The Phils scored more points vs. Atlanta than the Eagles did. Who'd of thought that?  :P

Still...won't....believe..... :-X

MDS

Sillies are 5 games out of Atlanta and tied for the WC lead with Florida.

A win tommorrow and the Sils could survive having 2/3 taken from them by the Marlins (quite possible). HowEVA, they go to Atlanta after that, and its a tall order to beat them again after kicking their asses up here.

We shall see. I have faith. Why the hell not.

BigEd76

No Hudson or Thomson next week though...  :)

Rome

It's entirely plausible that after tomorrow the Phillies could have done the inconceivable and cut the Braves divisional lead in half from eight games to four games in only four days.

That's reminiscent of 1964 right there if you ask me.

:-\

PS: I know it won't happen but it would be really cool if it did.

BigEd76

They get 3 home games vs Colorado.  We won't catch them...  :P