Sixers Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 04, 2005, 08:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Scrappy role players?

Ahahahaha!

Yeah, that'll beat Shaq & Wade.

:-*

Also - Mobley is looking to get p-a-i-d.  That's why Orlando traded him.  They tried to sign him to an extension and found out what he was looking for in terms of dollars.  The result?  They traded him for Doug Christie.   :-D

Rome

Speaking of idiocy, did anyone read Hofmann's article this morning regarding Iverson?

I wonder how much Ed Snider paid him to write that ridiculous drivel?

>:D

hunt

i read it.
i think hoffman was just trying to be "different".  :P  basically, all the article said is that iverson is their best player (no kidding) & they wouldn't get fair value for him in a trade.  the rest was BS & fluff.
the part about iverson hogging the ball so the young players don't have to deal with the pressure of actually touching the ball did make me chuckle though. :-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

NGM

Quote from: jerome99RIP on May 04, 2005, 10:53:46 AM
Scrappy role players?

Ahahahaha!

Thats what a lot of people thought about the Pistons last year.  A lot of role players.  Obviously they are way better than the Sixers but the Philly isn't that far off from being real competitive in the East.  I thought they aquitted themselves well against the Pistons in this series.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Rome

Quote from: NGM on May 04, 2005, 11:36:22 AM
Scrappy role players?

Ahahahaha!

Thats what a lot of people thought about the Pistons last year.  A lot of role players.  Obviously they are way better than the Sixers but the Philly isn't that far off from being real competitive in the East.  I thought they aquitted themselves well against the Pistons in this series.

:-D

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

i just read that the nets want donyell...he'd probably go there over philly, especially since he & vince are boys from their raptors days.

Rome

Quote from: mhunt on May 04, 2005, 02:14:55 PM
i just read that the nets want donyell...he'd probably go there over philly, especially since he & vince are boys from their raptors days.

He probably has street cred too.   >:D

WEST is GOD

I don't expect King to make a splash either, Sixers have few assets to trade and no cap room. No surprise by that comment.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Scrappy role players?

Ahahahaha!

Also - Mobley is looking to get p-a-i-d.  That's why Orlando traded him.  They tried to sign him to an extension and found out what he was looking for in terms of dollars.  The result?  They traded him for Doug Christie.   :-D

I think you meant that they traded him for Doug Christie's controlling wife.

How'd the Magic do this year, Romey? :P :-*

hunt

billy king said he'll do whatever he can to keep green, sammy, & kyle...the last 2 make some sense but why keep willie if the coach is convinced he can't play with iverson?
???

PhillyPhreak54

Perhaps Billy and Tony are going to sit Obie down and tell him to fit him in?

Jasner was saying on DNL how Obie must devise a better scheme to fit Webber in. He said they couldn't just scrap the scheme in February when Webber arrived, so it'll be up to him to get something going that is more beneficial to him.

WEST is GOD

I think green will be traded unless O'brien is fired. He doesn't fit here with O'brien and Billy has to say the right things to the media, but if someone wants him they might work a sign and trade.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

BigEd76

Sign-and-trade Green to Toronto for our #16 pick back, then draft Sean May or Hakim Warrick....  :deion

BigEd76

Iguodala finishes a distant 4th in ROY voting, way behind Okafor, Gordon and Howard....  :boo