Flyers Season thread

Started by Wingspan, October 13, 2004, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Storr was signed to be a Phantom.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

dis12

Storr will be Neil Little's back-up.  Nitty will be the future goalie for the Flyers.

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 23, 2005, 02:56:16 PM
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PhillyGirl

Quote from: dis12 on August 23, 2005, 03:01:04 PM
Storr will be Neil Little's back-up.  Nitty will be the future goalie for the Flyers.

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 23, 2005, 02:56:16 PM

Yes, I know. Thanks. lol...that's why I was saying he was signed to be a Phantom. He wasn't signed, as was the worry on here, to be a backup instead of NItty.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

NGM

Is Frank that much better than Esche? 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: NGM on August 23, 2005, 03:06:16 PM

Frank isn't 100% ready to be a starter. He's backing up Esche this year. But I think they'll split time like Esche and Chemo did a few years ago. Great combo...only Frank's not the headcase that Chemo was.

NGM

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 23, 2005, 03:07:22 PM
Quote from: NGM on August 23, 2005, 03:06:16 PM

Frank isn't 100% ready to be a starter. He's backing up Esche this year. But I think they'll split time like Esche and Chemo did a few years ago. Great combo...only Frank's not the headcase that Chemo was.

Not a big fan of splitting time with goalies.  Nitty is undeniably talented but Esche is the man this year and shouldn't have to look over his shoulder. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyGirl

He'll be the starting goalie no doubt. I think he'll get far more time than Frank will, but that's not saying that Frank won't see his share.

I expect the long road trip to be where Frank sees more time.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I need a Nittymaki jersey to go with my Boucher one.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 23, 2005, 03:25:52 PM

Do have a Bruce Hoffert jersey?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 23, 2005, 03:50:25 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on August 23, 2005, 03:25:52 PM

Do have a Bruce Hoffert jersey?

No... Why, do you have one for sale?

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Hossa used to kill us. Him and Radek Bonk. Thank goodness Hossa is off the Sens.

Phanatic

It's good to know that Storr is AHL bound. The article didn't say either way.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Seabiscuit36

I dont want to sound greedy but I would love to have Heatley on the Flyers.  I would give up Gagne for him
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 23, 2005, 06:58:58 PM
I dont want to sound greedy but I would love to have Heatley on the Flyers.  I would give up Gagne for him

Same here. The Sens got the better of this deal IMO.