What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Dio, what's your thoughts on Aenima and Lateralus?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Listened to each twice, at work...so not much to say.  I like the music, haven't listened to it while reading the lyrics.  I dig the music..though I have to say I'm still not in love with the vocals.  I like lower, somewhat gruffer vocals for metal.  This guy is higher up in the register than I'd wish, but whatever.  I'll get used to him I suppose. 

It's gonna take me a while to digest.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

NIN posted another new song on their myspace page.   http://www.myspace.com/nin   
"Me, I'm Not"

Seabiscuit36

Caliban- the opposite from within
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Phanatic

I tried the Judas Priest and just couldn't take his voice. High and piercing.....whew.

Motor Head - Essential Noise
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Rome

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now is on the XM right now!

Woot!

SD_Eagle5

Sales of Rap Albums takes stunning nosedive
QuoteThough music sales are down overall, rap sales slid a whopping 21 percent from 2005 to 2006, and for the first time in 12 years no rap album was among the top 10 sellers of the year. A recent study by the Black Youth Project showed a majority of youth think rap has too many violent images. In a poll of black Americans by The Associated Press and AOL-Black Voices last year, 50 percent of respondents said hip-hop was a negative force in American society.

About time

Diomedes

The article mentions a poll of black people by way of explaining a drop in sales made as much to white people as to blacks?  Stellar logic.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Rap sucks now, its just the same hook over and over.  Look at the hot songs now, MIM, This Is Why Im Hot?  WTF, thats all rap is now.  Capn...Captain HOOK
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

its been garbage for years, the popular stuff anyway. 
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Unearth - getting pumped to see them tonight in Lanc  :evil

Yeti

Listenin to the wife fargin yackity yak yakity yak.  Christ I got cabin fever.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Zanshin

So, you have a fancy Internet connection there now?

Yeti

No, I went into town.  Them woods is to deep for the intranert.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

mussa