2010-11 College Basketball Thread

Started by phattymatty, November 08, 2010, 04:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

wow. no.

theyve been playing that song for as long as i can remember. last year they did some awful one by jennifer hudson and everyone hated it. luther is king for a reason.

you are literally the first person ive ever heard not liking that. the first. you suck.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I don't know what they did after the last yeargame because I didn't watch any post game.....same as every other post game for the last 20 or so years that I've been watching this.  I'll be sure to resume my tradition of not watching again next year.  My tradition >>>>>>>>> the tradition of playing that song. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah Sarge, you're the first I've ever heard with a beef about One Shining Moment.

Sgt PSN

That's because I'm a farging trail blazer.  Maybe it was cool 20 years ago or something, but it farging blows today. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 05, 2011, 12:44:45 AM
Yeah Sarge, you're the first I've ever heard with a beef about One Shining Moment.

seriously...its one of the greatest things in sports

sarge misses more than butler and uconn combined

i wonder if romey enjoyed the great basketball on display tonight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

great piece by the 700 level addressing the ridiculous notion that cbb somehow crowns a true national champion while cfb does not

http://www.the700level.com/2011/04/2011-ncaa-basketball-championship.html#tp

Diomedes

yeah so like I said, UCONN won

UCONN
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

awesome column from the ny times on ncaa corrpution

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/www.nytimes.com/2011/04/09/opinion/09nocera.html

hoops is only the tip of the iceberg. imagine if the media goes pitchforks and torches after football.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

The dude's real name is God's Gift

QuoteGod's Gift Achiuwa -- a 6-foot-8 power forward and first-team juco All-American from Erie (N.Y.) Community College -- is the ninth player to commit to the Red Storm for next season. St. John's has the No. 3-ranked recruiting class, according to ESPN Insider's top 25.

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz

DH

im pretty sure he was told it was his time to move on

Eagles_Legendz

I think it had to do with Jordan Williams not coming back as well.

ice grillin you

he definitely wasnt told to go...he was untouchable.......debbie yow has tried to get rid of him for ten years and was rebuffed every time by the school...theres certain coaches at certain schools who dont get fired/asked to leave...gary is one of them

MDS

dalton pepper gonna transfer to temple

heavily recruited out of pennsbury, went to wvu, apparently couldnt handle huggins, pops gets sick, comes back home

hell sit out this year and has 2 years left after that.