07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2007, 10:00:16 AM
Umm...Kendrick is a #3 and Eaton is off the radar, douchey.

kendrick is not a three...ill bet anyone here 20 bucks he isnt over 500 next year

and ill take odds on him losing his spot in the rotation at some point
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sophomore slump is a given for Kendrick, but he's a 3 at worst on the Phillies' staff.

Let's put it this way... if Eaton is even in the majors, Kendrick's a 3.

ice grillin you

who cares what he is on the phillies staff

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, unless they can actually find a way to acquire more than one quality starter, Kendrick's your 3.

troyhstewart

I'll take a guy that knows how to pitch like Kendrick, over a guy with better stuff like Rosario any day of the week.  And I'll take that bet.

And as for Glavine, he's not a dominant, strikeout pitcher. He's a better version of Moyer. The Mets defense was atrocious later in the season.  I'd like a veteran with playoff experience who is still a quality pitcher, just look what Moyer did in his playoff start.

Wingspan

Quote from: troyhstewart on October 11, 2007, 10:50:03 AM
I'll take a guy that knows how to pitch like Kendrick, over a guy with better stuff like Rosario any day of the week.  And I'll take that bet.

And as for Glavine, he's not a dominant, strikeout pitcher. He's a better version of Moyer. The Mets defense was atrocious later in the season.  I'd like a veteran with playoff experience who is still a quality pitcher, just look what Moyer did in his playoff start.

1 run in 6 innings? That's not good enough?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

he so paranoid about anyone saying anything remotely nagative about philly sports that he flys off the handle when he thinks he sees something....its kinda cute actually

Wingspan

Reading back, i see how that was taken. But troyhstewart was talking up Glavine, and how he's better than moyer...then switched it up.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 11, 2007, 11:09:45 AM
he so paranoid about anyone saying anything remotely nagative about philly sports that he flys off the handle when he thinks he sees something....its kinda cute actually

Man, you have me pegged, icee. I totally flew off the handle.

Whoa...someone stop me.
Connection Problems

BigEd76

The Phils announced today that Nunez, Barajas and Kane Davis won't return in 2008.  Happy day.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 11, 2007, 10:23:19 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2007, 10:00:16 AM
Umm...Kendrick is a #3 and Eaton is off the radar, douchey.

kendrick is not a three...ill bet anyone here 20 bucks he isnt over 500 next year

and ill take odds on him losing his spot in the rotation at some point

All Kendrick did was keep the team in every start he made. He looked like he was going to implode about 50,000 different times but never did. Somewhere along the way you just have to figure is he fairly above average. But, you're right, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he imploded. In fact, since his stock should be kind of high, maybe he can be packaged in a deal for Willis or Santana (last year of his contract, Minny not gonna resign him...) or someone.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

If the pipe dream of getting Johan Santana came true, I'd cream myself right then and there.