The "I Miss Sassy" Sports Thread

Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 08, 2011, 11:25:10 PM
i want you to kill yourself but we cant always have what we want, can we?

lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

It's really up to the ref what to count, but the stoppage time is supposed to approximate all of the time that the ball is out of play. That includes any time between a goal and a kick-off. A really long and fruity celebration is one of the typical things they would add time for.

Not a big soccer fan but I think the running clock is actually one of the best things they got going, since it means their games aren't padded with an hour-plus of commercials like American sports. The way that stoppage time is calculated is kinda bullshtein though. They gotta standardize that more.

rjs246

Yeah I'm pretty sure that official game time is kept by the ref on the field and that any stoppages are 100% at his discretion. I've never seen a team complain about the amount of time added at the end of a half or game, but I don't follow post-game interviews or any of that shtein so who knows.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Oh, they complain about it especially when they surrender a game-tying or losing goal.

The four minutes added yesterday during Man U & Chelsea was like an eternity.   I thought for sure Chelsea was going to net one after United squandered at least a half dozen opps to go up two.

Diomedes

I like that the ref has total discretion.  It's a game bitches, and the refs are in charge.  Without them...no goddamn game.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Pretty sure there's no game without players. 

Diomedes

Once it's for money it's not a game anyway.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

maryland made the lacrosse final four which takes place in baltimore this year....gonna be nuts in the city next weekend

Diomedes

reese125

if you havent seen it, probably one of the greatest sports videos ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=QNL0iMIMxvk&vq=small

Sgt PSN

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

watch that and you'd never know that soccer is more popular than all of those sports combined

yay ahmurica

ice grillin you

soccer is one of the few things america actually gets right....we should applaud them for it not mock

MDS

gold cup

usa v canada

fsc at 630 or 730 something

holla
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.