Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Well, come on...it's the final step in what being a Philly Sports Fan is.

Step 1: Go into the season with high hopes
Step 2: Curse and scream the minute they screw up in game 1 of seasion
Step 3: The team has made the playoffs and you're expecting the worst the whole time, even when they win
Step 4: Once the sun has almost set on the season, despite the season long negativity, get your hopes up at the last second to be crushed

Good times...good times
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

Despite being 3-1 this series has been incredibly close. 14-14 in total runs scored through the series. The Phillies might actually have the higher team batting average despite the offense sucking. The difference has been the clutch plays that the Giants are making and the Phils aren't.

But the last time Halladay and Lincecum faced off it was 4-3 with Ross hitting two bombs and Ibanez farging up a fly ball at the LF wall. Halladay didn't pitch at the top of his game. There is no reason the Phils can't win it tonight. It won't be easy by any means, but they could very well win this game. I'd say they should probably be slightly favored.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

you were pulling the same sky is falling act in may and getting giddy at the thought of the phillies season crumbling

then they wound up winning more games than theyve ever won with the group and disposed of the reds in 3

but now suddenly they are too old and finished. and soon enough, you wont have to deal with 15 year old south jersey teenage girls at the bank anymore. which is all you wanted in the first place.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 21, 2010, 03:39:44 PM
you wont have to deal with 15 year old south jersey teenage girls at the bank anymore. which is all you wanted in the first place.

not really but thats an awesome consolation prize
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

todd is the bestest phillies fan, evar.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Hawk

Todd is also obsessed with his delusion that I am Hunt.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

I still love Grace Park.  No ass and all.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

I'm a Kelly Hu fan when it comes to the asian persuasion.

Don Ho

Ibanez back in the lineup tonight.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on October 21, 2010, 04:17:29 PM
I'm a Kelly Hu fan when it comes to the asian persuasion.

She's going to have a role in Hawaii 5-0.

I've always enjoyed Nia Peeples.   She aged well.

Rome

Quote from: Don Ho on October 21, 2010, 04:20:14 PM
I've always enjoyed Nia Peeples.   She aged well.

She didn't deserve to after appearing in North Shore.

smeags

Quote from: Hawk on October 21, 2010, 04:08:42 PM
Todd is also obsessed with his delusion that I am Hunt.

he will PM you soon enough asking for your AIM unsername and beach pics.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it