Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah. The Phils offense isn't lighting it up so pairing that with the pitching SF can put out there 1-9 and I would much rather see ATL.

charlie

Offenses don't "light it up" in the postseason. Everyone pitches well.

They're going to beat either team, soundly.

BigEd76

the Dodgers had great pitching the last two years too

MDS

both have their pros and cons but really the giants will score 1 run per game against the phillies

their offense is lbi-level awful
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Phills outrated the Iggles in Philly DMA last night. TBS pulled a 27.7 rating for Game 3; NBC got a 24.1 rating for Eagles game in Philly.

from Matt Gelb on twitter
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

first of all that in itself is incredible

second that means close to 50% of philly people last night were watching sports...and that doesnt even count 2 tv set ups, picture in picture, bars, etc.

third joe banner is throwing another one of his napoleonic temper tantrums right now
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

What will the Eagles do to steal the headlines back?

Probably fire a cripple or something.

ice grillin you

andy could pull a jennifer hudson
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Or a Brett Favre and send cock shots to Adam Schefter
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: SD on October 11, 2010, 11:15:39 AM
Anyone else concerned with the Giants? I know the Phillies are a better team, have HFA, and are on a roll, but Halladay's career #s against them aren't good, Lincecum looked damn good, Cain is a good pitcher, Oswalt struggled a bit (although I do think he'll settle in).

Absolutely.  Lincecums got his shtein back.

What is with the Taliban look and the bullpen? Almost as gay as the orange pom poms.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

LBIggle

Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2010, 11:49:39 AM
both have their pros and cons but really the giants will score 1 run per game against the phillies

their offense is lbi-level awful

Not quite as awful as someone who barely reacts to his teams actions and seemingly enjoys monitoring the same message board for people who actually do more than actually watching his team.  Your insults werent funny or witty years ago.  Get some new material.. Better yet.. Go outside.  I know the drill.. " didnt read ". " kill yourself ". " aids something"

I think halladay will lock down any team with the extra rest and preparation.  Oswalt will fare better against the giants weaker offense if hes rusty again.  It will give him a little extra time to find his groove if hes off before they tag him for an early run or two.  Cole will continue to dominate but will benefit facing the giants more because their less familiar.  On the other hand the offense would benefit more from not facing meth face, and cain and co.  Id take our 3 vs their 3 but they did just whoop on atlanta recently when it mattered most, no reason to think they wouldnt do it again.  An inner division nlcs would be more exciting anyway.

MDS

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

LBIggle

Who cares?  Nobody comes here.. Lol. And lots of people have left over the years.  Why? One reason is mds' endless, pointless, whining about people commenting on games.  Which then turns into pages of the same moronic insults youve been typing in the same place for year after year.  Go outside.