No New Tailgating Rules; NY Screwing Their Fans

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 13, 2008, 08:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEagles, unlike Giants and Jets, plan no new rules for tailgaters

By Peter Mucha

Inquirer Staff Writer
Perhaps Giants and Jets fans just can't be trusted.

New Jersey's sports authority had already imposed the NFL's "most stringent" beer restrictions.

This week, officials took away two hours of tailgating and announced plans to hang new banners to discourage Jets fans from harrassing women about baring their breasts.

Apparently, Philadelphia fans are better behaved.

"The fan experience should be exactly the same as last year," said Mark Donovan, Eagles senior vice president for business operations.

The Birds return to the Linc tomorrow night, playing a preseason game against the Carolina Panthers.

Last summer, the price of parking in lots around Lincoln Financial Field and the Wachovia Center went up to $20 for cars and $40 for RVs, and that remains unchanged, he said.

For a while, some tougher rules were also threatened, including no tents and no purchasing of extra spaces.

A bit of fan backlash led parking officials - the lots are overseen by an arm of Comcast-Spectacor - to ease up on enforcement, and after a couple of regular season games, the situation reportedly became more fan-friendly.

"We said repeatedly that we are very supportive of tailgating and we know it's part of the experience of going to an Eagles game," Donovan said.

Hours for tailgating vary greatly from lot to lot, Donovan said. Some might open by 10 a.m. for a night game, while others, including at least one at the Linc, don't open until a few hours before kickoff.

Tailgating is prohibited in the lots west and north of Citizens Bank Park.

The Eagles have their own tailgating package - including tickets, food, drinks and visits from the likes of former players and cheerleaders inside the Linc - but the Ultimate Tailgate, which costs $295, is already completely booked for the season, Donovan said.

At Giants Stadium, tailgating was cut to five hours from seven, tailgaters must have $200 prepaid parking passes, and the "Tailgate Courtesy Squad" patrols to ensure fans follow the "one car, one space" policy, according to meadowlands.com.

Also, beer sales stop at the end of halftime.

Alcoholic beverage sales at the Linc have nearly as strict a limit. But fans in line a couple of minutes into the third quarter can still buy beer, Donovan said.

As for male Eagles fans baiting women, "we haven't had to deal with that situation," he said.

For a map of sports complex parking lots, check out: http://www.mmsolutionsllc.com/scssd/maps/SportsComplexParking6-14-07.pdf.

Calls to Global Spectrum, the arm of Comcast-Spectacor that oversees sports complex parking, were not returned this morning.

ice grillin you

philly dont play that shtein

you gotta love the soul of the philly fan...twice they have overturned rules (hoagiegate, tailgate) via their protest...shtein rarely happens these days

buncha pussssies up in north jerz

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

ha, they learned it isnt gonna happen in Illadelph
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

QuoteAs for male Eagles fans baiting women, "we haven't had to deal with that situation," he said.

Evidently he's never been in C-6 with Beermonkey, Die-Hard & SeanSec227 drunk as balls at the same time.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Women in opposing teams' jerseys are especially not safe in that area.

dis12

Quote from: Rome on August 14, 2008, 12:00:33 PM
QuoteAs for male Eagles fans baiting women, "we haven't had to deal with that situation," he said.

Evidently he's never been in C-6 with Beermonkey, Die-Hard & SeanSec227 drunk as balls at the same time.
must have been all the skank bitches that we didn't bait.  hey, we will let any woman bear her breassesses, no discrimination here.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Rome

The Disney On Ice MILF's were my favorites.  Those two bitches were simultaneously terrified and aroused, which is always nice.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

Bryant Gumbel just did an update on the Alcohol in the NFL part they did two years ago with the DTC looking as douchey as ever.  Raiders did a checkpoint at one of the exits this year, if thats the case i'll never go again. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 13, 2008, 08:49:37 PM
QuoteEagles, unlike Giants and Jets, plan no new rules for tailgaters

By Peter Mucha

Inquirer Staff Writer
Perhaps Giants and Jets fans just can't be trusted.

New Jersey's sports authority had already imposed the NFL's "most stringent" beer restrictions.

This week, officials took away two hours of tailgating and announced plans to hang new banners to discourage Jets fans from harrassing women about baring their breasts.

Apparently, Philadelphia fans are better behaved.

"The fan experience should be exactly the same as last year," said Mark Donovan, Eagles senior vice president for business operations.

The Birds return to the Linc tomorrow night, playing a preseason game against the Carolina Panthers.

Last summer, the price of parking in lots around Lincoln Financial Field and the Wachovia Center went up to $20 for cars and $40 for RVs, and that remains unchanged, he said.

For a while, some tougher rules were also threatened, including no tents and no purchasing of extra spaces.

A bit of fan backlash led parking officials - the lots are overseen by an arm of Comcast-Spectacor - to ease up on enforcement, and after a couple of regular season games, the situation reportedly became more fan-friendly.

"We said repeatedly that we are very supportive of tailgating and we know it's part of the experience of going to an Eagles game," Donovan said.

Hours for tailgating vary greatly from lot to lot, Donovan said. Some might open by 10 a.m. for a night game, while others, including at least one at the Linc, don't open until a few hours before kickoff.

Tailgating is prohibited in the lots west and north of Citizens Bank Park.

The Eagles have their own tailgating package - including tickets, food, drinks and visits from the likes of former players and cheerleaders inside the Linc - but the Ultimate Tailgate, which costs $295, is already completely booked for the season, Donovan said.

At Giants Stadium, tailgating was cut to five hours from seven, tailgaters must have $200 prepaid parking passes, and the "Tailgate Courtesy Squad" patrols to ensure fans follow the "one car, one space" policy, according to meadowlands.com.

Also, beer sales stop at the end of halftime.

Alcoholic beverage sales at the Linc have nearly as strict a limit. But fans in line a couple of minutes into the third quarter can still buy beer, Donovan said.

As for male Eagles fans baiting women, "we haven't had to deal with that situation," he said.

For a map of sports complex parking lots, check out: http://www.mmsolutionsllc.com/scssd/maps/SportsComplexParking6-14-07.pdf.

Calls to Global Spectrum, the arm of Comcast-Spectacor that oversees sports complex parking, were not returned this morning.

i wonder if this is where the chargers go the idea for their policy because this is almost the exact same policy that they have in san diego except that the tailgate pass isn't nearly that expensive.....$75 and must be purchased before the season.  parking lots open at 8am for 1pm games for tailgate pass holders and 9am for everyone else. 

the space nazis were driving around too and told me i had to move all of our stuff (chairs, grill, etc) into 1 parking space.   :boo

i can understand that they don't want you taking up 5 spots for tailgating, but 2 spaces really isn't a big deal.  especially since nearly every stadium i've been too has way more parking spaces than they do seat capacity.  so even if every single ticket holder for a game showed up in their own car, they still wouldn't fill up the parking lots. 

Susquehanna Birder

Sgt PSN

i can't help it.  i work for the gov't so that's how i spend the majority of my day.