Rest Of Baseball - 2017

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 08, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Also, I farging love radio broadcasts of baseball.  shtein can be mesmerizing.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Yes!

I love baseball on the radio.

Some of my fondest memories that I think back to often all involve listening to the Phils on the radio. The crackle of the AM signal. Harry and Whitey on the call. They let the game breathe and chunks of silence weren't foreign like many sports casts today.

Summer nights down the canal listening to the Phils while fishing with my grandpop and cousins. Or sitting on the porch in Cape May after a shower and a long day at the beach listening to the games.

When we moved away it killed me to not be able to listen. As soon as we would come home for our summer trip I was searching for 1210's signal in the car when we hit the state line.

One night in Kansas I was actually able to pick up the Phillies on 1210. Shocked the farg out of me. I opened my window and put foil on the antenna and I picked it up. 1210 was a powerful station. It stayed strong for awhile and then faded out.

Geowhizzer

I can remember listening on my grandfather's old radio (probably c1965 or so) in his garage.  Harry and Whitey (or Musser) on the call.  Late 70s / early 80s they didn't play many home games on TV either.

SD

I was going through some old baseball cards the other day and I came across one I had autographed by Denny McLain. I met him at a card show. I started reading his Wiki page. What a farging mess and what a waste of talent. Dudes gotta weigh 4 bills now

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_McLain

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 12, 2017, 08:28:08 PMNot saying that bunting Mathews was a good thing, but Adcock was no slouch (.822 OPS lifetime, .874 in 1959) either.

no doubt. but you had a runner at 1st and 2 hall of famers up. 2 members of the 500 homer club, including the greatest power hitter ever in his prime. i mean....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Hipsters now going back into the record books to infect the history with their sabr crap

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 12, 2017, 10:57:59 PM
Hipsters now going back into the record books to infect the history with their sabr crap

what
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 12, 2017, 10:57:59 PM

You talkin' to me?

That would be the first time in my entire life I have ever been referred to as a hipster.

PhillyPhreak54

No of course not.

I'm referring to our resident worshipper of xFIP. SeƱor mds.

MDS

i literally have no idea what youre talking about but you sound like a twitter trump bot

Diomedes

The Russian accent gives him away.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

The spirit of The Fun Police, Sgt Brian McCann and Lt Chris Johnson live on in ATL

Rome

I'm telling you Pro athletes don't like getting shown up.   He's gonna get drilled in the face eventually. 

MDS

why are baseball players such drama queens

bautista bat flipping is fine...down 5 runs is not

pillar calling motte a fag because he quick pitched him

the braves and jays - 2 irrelevant teams that never play each other -- are beefing. this is so boring and stupid.