igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: SD on January 24, 2013, 07:45:55 PM
Quote from: MDS on January 24, 2013, 07:38:22 PM
i dont have my eye on terrible defensive coordinators

do you

I'm like warm on Spags

But let's play a game where you have to think for yourself. igy doesn't get to help you. Who does Todd Orodenker want as the new Eagles DC? I'd like to hear the opinion of an actual Texas HS best writer.

not the guy who just coached the worst defense in the history of football...or ed donnatell

if its either or then give me juanny back for all i care
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

He also coached the defense that beat the 18-0 Patriots in the Super Bowl.

It's all about players, Lumpy.

MDS

and boy would he have them in philly
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Not yet, obviously.    That's where the rest of us have to cross our fingers and hope that little dickface shyster figured out how to find actual football players along the way.

ice grillin you

so wait....if you dont have good players you shouldnt hire good coaches?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

MDS

he did a fine job during that giants run in 2008...though really you could argue that it wasnt rocket science to rush 4 guys who could get pressure on the qb and keep 7 back in coverage. and by god, he has 4 guys who could get to brady on their own.

after that he was an absolute disaster with the rams and just coached the worst defense ever

is he a better choice than ed donnatell? sure. if thats enough then OK

ice grillin you

i wouldnt judge him under the rams or the saints...the rams are the rams and maybe he just isnt HC material...and the saints last year were doomed from the start plus have zero talent on d

but he cut his teeth under jj
knows the city inside and out
and won a superbowl with the giants
not only is he a excellent defensive coach but hed be a great right hand man to chippy

i think he would be a very good hire in any year....but hes a absolute no brainer this year

SD

I've come around on Donatell a bit. He did a good job with the Niners secondary. Tampa wanted him last season but the Niners denied them permission. We think of him and we think 4th and 26 but that was a decade ago.

Spags I'm luke warm on. I hate to actually agree with Todd here but that D benefited from one of the greatest pass rushes in league history. It's easy to coach a D when your front 4 can collapse the pocket every play. Sure Spags gets credit for that season but he sucked with the Rams and last years Saints team was all time bad. Think about how bad the Eagles D was and they were worse and he was leading the charge.

PhillyPhreak54

Spags is the guy who should be hired. Don't listen to mds

MDS

mds, like the rest of you, doesnt know who the farg should be hired

besides promoting the offensive line coach to dc whatever move they make will be dependent on the talent they assemble. as of now they have no talent.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 24, 2013, 09:41:45 PM
I've come around on Donatell a bit. He did a good job with the Niners secondary. Tampa wanted him last season but the Niners denied them permission. We think of him and we think 4th and 26 but that was a decade ago.

Spags I'm luke warm on. I hate to actually agree with Todd here but that D benefited from one of the greatest pass rushes in league history. It's easy to coach a D when your front 4 can collapse the pocket every play. Sure Spags gets credit for that season but he sucked with the Rams and last years Saints team was all time bad. Think about how bad the Eagles D was and they were worse and he was leading the charge.

what great d doesnt have great players

spags gets downgraded for being the DC of a great defense but donatell gets credit for being the secondary coach of a great defense??

to me donatell is a secondary coach at this point or a DC in college...hes a bleh guy who goes here for a couple years then there for a couple years....spags is an NFL DC who i could see making a home in philly if chippy was somehow successful....also would be nice to bookend chippy with another guy who has tons of philly experience

either way im glad they are getting a guy with a ton of nfl experience and not some newby college type

SD

Spags gets downgraded for not doing dick since 2007...the last time he had success as a coach was when Bush was in office. You can't chalk it up to bad luck as a DC or bountygate. Donatell has consistently been a good coach. That's the difference. I'd be fine with either hire but I think Donatell ultimately gets the gig.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on January 24, 2013, 09:04:47 PM
he did a fine job during that giants run in 2008...though really you could argue that it wasnt rocket science to rush 4 guys who could get pressure on the qb and keep 7 back in coverage. and by god, he has 4 guys who could get to brady on their own.

after that he was an absolute disaster with the rams and just coached the worst defense ever

is he a better choice than ed donnatell? sure. if thats enough then OK

This logic is pretty spot-on, except that Spagnuolo has coached in Philly before, worked with Shurmer before, etc etc.

Zanshin

I keep reading that there's a good chance the Eagles will move to a 3-4. Because if there's one thing that the Eagles have an abundance of, it's quality linebackers. All semi-kidding aside, I hope they don't go that route. Which, of course, makes it a virtual certainty...because that's the way this offseason has gone.