Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Well from the previews, Oberyn's using the other spear he's famous for that isn't his schlong, so I assume he's gonna try and keep the Mountain at a distance using that. Big Dude can't hurt you if he can't reach you.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

I hadn't seen that preview but yeah, what is his sigil? That and neutralizing the huge reach differential.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

watched the episode again. so many great scene's. actually glad it's not on this week. i'll be in deliverenceville va and there's no hbo where i'm staying.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: SD on May 20, 2014, 09:43:49 PM
Unlike a lot of you I saw Littlefinger throwing Lysa into the hole...probably because I would have done the same.

Same here. I was hoping for him to give her just one little push.

Seabiscuit36

I think anyone watching was hoping, I just didn't see it actually happening. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

wondering - tyrion made a statement to jaime that sansa was not capable of murder ... yet.

does she send robin to his death ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

Last three episodes should easily make this the best season yet. 

This is absolutely not a plot spoiler but just in case for people who want 100% ignorance (it's about the formatting of an episode) - [spoiler]episode 9 is going to be blackwater-like.  All taking place at the wall.[/spoiler]

QB Eagles

Quote from: smeags on May 21, 2014, 01:20:54 PM
wondering - tyrion made a statement to jaime that sansa was not capable of murder ... yet.

does she send robin to his death ?

Next twist: Sansa is actually a supergenius and has been manipulating everything that has happened so far in the series, including the death of her own parents. That's the only plausible explanation for why no one has raped her yet even though she's constantly treated like a pawn by other people.

Diomedes

I found her character pretty pathetic through the books.  I'm glad to hear they've accomplished the same on the teevee.  (I've still seen only the first season).
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

I think there is some character development with Sansa, finally. She isn't afraid to ask Littlefinger pointed questions about his masterminding even though she is beginning to understand how dangerous he is. And the Robin smack down was of course pretty good.

Back to an earlier point about Shireen and what her purpose is, as seen in the flames. Iirc, Mel still has unfinished business on Dragonstone, waking the dragons there with 'king's blood,' which I think was the intent with Gendry. Mel has a pretty good record with blood magic, imagine if she also got some dragons to match Dany's. I could see where Dany and Stannis/Mel lines eventually converge to fight the WWs. It is a Song of Ice and Fire in the end, and nothing says ice and fire like WWs and dragons/pyro Melisandra.

Anyway, Mel's telling Selyse that she is strong enough to look at the truth in the flames makes me wonder if she plans to sacrifice Shireen, though if they leave Dragonstone for the Wall it doesn't makes as much sense.

I'm coming around to liking that the show isn't strictly following the books and even goes way off in the chronology (parts of book 3 next to parts of book 5). Keeps it fresh as long as they don't over do it.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on May 21, 2014, 08:59:29 PM
I found her character pretty pathetic through the books.  I'm glad to hear they've accomplished the same on the teevee.  (I've still seen only the first season).
Gotta say I usually like books more than movies/tele but GOT is an exception. Find somewhere to watch on a good system and go on a weekend bender with 2 or 3 seasons.

Eagles_Legendz

Knew it was coming but still  :(

Munson

...farg this show. Forreal.

I think the brutality of that is making the shock/anger that much worse.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

they had it like that in the books.  I thought they might edit the eye gouging and whatnot in the show, but nope.

oberyn is definitely a tragic greek hero.  some combo of pride + vengeance.