Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I think the dead bird was probably the result of Joffery's valyrian steel blade...but I suppose poison could have been the culprit.

I didn't mention Oberyn in my post, but yeah he seems angry enough to do it...but I also think he would be way more open about killing someone, wouldn't go the poison route. Probably woulda just brought his spear to the wedding and challenged Joffery to trial by combat right there.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Quote from: hbionic on April 14, 2014, 01:09:14 PM
Quote from: Munson on April 14, 2014, 11:56:34 AM

Underrated part of this episode was Bran's....all those visions he had from the Heart Tree were cool....Seems like he has a pretty damn good ability with the warging and greensight, didn't think he'd be able to warg the eyes of the trees like that.

Yeah, I jerked off to that.

pics ?  :paranoid
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

Munson

A lotttt of people are saying they think it's Cersei, and using the fact that she sent Pycelle away as evidence...but I just don't see any way she would kill one of her kids (unless it's a situation like they're about to be raped and killed by Stannis)...her children are the one thing she seems to care about more than anything, including her power.

The only reason why I think she sent him away and was so happy about it is because she enjoyed the power trip of doing it.

Eagaholic

The first question becomes who has knowledge and access to poisons as well as an invitation the the wedding?

Makes me wonder if that bit with Cersie and Pycelle was thrown in just to thicken the plot a bit, adding Pycelle as a possible (though I think unlikely) suspect. Maesters are some of the few who have that knowledge and access  (others are faceless men as seen with the posion dart of Jaqen H'Gar, and whoever presumably set up the wine dealer giving the poisoned cask to Dany, a well as and the tears of lys used to kill John Arryn, possibly supplied to his squire who the Mountain then killed in the Hand's Tourney).

The maester who dropped a pellet of poison in his wine to kill Melisandra died a somewhat similar death suggesting it was the same or similar poison which Pycelle as a grand maester would have probably known about if the Dragonstone maester did (though Varys was also familiar with the tear of lys - Pycelle while talking with Ned said poison was a weapon of women and cravens, stating Varys was a craven).

In a who done it story multiple suspects and uncertainty are needed, and a dash of chaos and high drama doesn't hurt.

Prince Oberyn aka The Red Viper would also be a prime suspect considering his announcement to Tyrion that he was there for revenge against the Lannisters though the way he had his finger in his mouth while looking at Loras (a nicely done dryly funny scene when Loras stumbles back into Jamie after he and Oberyn were making eyes at each other), doesn't suggest he was just handling poison.

If it was the same poison used on Melisandra it seems like it should work within just a minute or two and it looked like only Tyrion and Margaery were that close to Joffrey in that time frame (though Sansa did briefly handle the wine cup). On the other hand, Melisandra could have accelerated the effect on the maester if she was also able to somehow withstand the poison herself, or maybe it acted more quickly on an older man. 

smeags

i almost wish i didnt know who did it so i could be in suspense like you guys.

Eagaholic

Quote from: smeags on April 16, 2014, 03:29:52 PM
I'm not sure but from what I've seen elsewhere I had the impression that it hasn't yet been definitely written who did it, just clues that seem to add up to a particular conclusion, but nothing you could count on. Is this true? (hope that doesn't quality as a spoiler to anyone)

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on April 15, 2014, 12:24:57 PM
GOT has entered Wire territory

It has been said
I don't know if anyone here would disagree, but try the other thread.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 16, 2014, 03:44:36 PM
I'm not sure but from what I've seen elsewhere I had the impression that it hasn't yet been definitely written who did it, just clues that seem to add up to a particular conclusion, but nothing you could count on. Is this true? (hope that doesn't quality as a spoiler to anyone)

I thought you had said you read the books?

It's known in the books.

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 16, 2014, 03:49:01 PM

It's known in the books.

My girl who has read the books said it was never actually 'revealed', but from what others are telling me, there's a certain expose in there where they more or less lay out who did it and why, just done in GOT fashion where they kind of speak in abstract to avoid directly accusing someone of doing something (like Varys calling Lancel Lannister a "dutiful boy" to make sure Robert got a shteinton of the strong wine while he was hunting)

Eagaholic

It's known in the books.
I didn't read the first 2 except maybe the first 100 pages of GOT. I also didn't read all of AFFC - if it got too boring or tedious I skipped a bit. If it was in ASOS I probably just missed it.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Munson on April 16, 2014, 03:58:27 PM

It's known in the books.

My girl who has read the books said it was never actually 'revealed', but from what others are telling me, there's a certain expose in there where they more or less lay out who did it and why, just done in GOT fashion where they kind of speak in abstract to avoid directly accusing someone of doing something (like Varys calling Lancel Lannister a "dutiful boy" to make sure Robert got a shteinton of the strong wine while he was hunting)

The who is made clear in the books.  The how required a little piecing together but is still there.

smeags

well i am going on the assupmtion that its by the book and from what i saw that's the case.

Eagaholic

I either missed or skipped the part. Sometimes he puts me to sleep. In my opinion Martin is a better storyteller than he is a writer. I think Feast for Crows could have been about 600 pages and needed a better editor. I don't need to know the color and fabric of the doublet that each character is wearing. I'm in the early part of Dance with Dragons now, and it seems like in the North scenes he's telling us how cold it is in every other sentence. We get it George, it's very cold up there.