Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Having that scene immediately follow the stake scene was clearly intentional to give the viewers something to cheer for after such awfulness, but it had the opposite effect on me. The stake scene had me feeling jaded and disgusted with the show and that led me to picking apart the dragon scene in much the same way that Z just described. It was 100000% obvious that Drogon would come save the day. The fighting was amateurishly choreographed. The horde surrounding Dany just stood around waiting for, um something? It was not nearly well enough done to distract me from the distaste of the previous scene.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

The stake scene was worse than The red wedding IMO.  The only scene that could've helped wouldve been the battle the week before.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

I think most of the reason why the Harpy's didn't rush forward is because they know the Unsullied are a much tougher opponent when they're in formation, rather then individual and engaging in guerrilla warfare fights. Being in formation around Dany is the type of fight they're trained for, and they're supposed to be the best in the world at it. Harpy's were probably just a little bit nervous rushing into that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Obviously security wasn't so great at the gates to the stadium to have all those golden masks snuck in.

Munson

NBG, Dany just passed the Patriot Act. Security problem solved.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Quote from: Munson on June 08, 2015, 11:41:25 AM
I think most of the reason why the Harpy's didn't rush forward is because they know the Unsullied are a much tougher opponent when they're in formation, rather then individual and engaging in guerrilla warfare fights. Being in formation around Dany is the type of fight they're trained for, and they're supposed to be the best in the world at it. Harpy's were probably just a little bit nervous rushing into that.

It takes too much analysis of their motivations by the audience to bother coming to that conclusion. This is a TV show. A TV show predicated on action that was trying to distract its viewers from the preceding scene. It was poorly done.

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

It was joke. Lighten up Nancy.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on June 08, 2015, 11:15:31 AM
Having that scene immediately follow the stake scene was clearly intentional to give the viewers something to cheer for after such awfulness, but it had the opposite effect on me. The stake scene had me feeling jaded and disgusted with the show and that led me to picking apart the dragon scene in much the same way that Z just described. It was 100000% obvious that Drogon would come save the day. The fighting was amateurishly choreographed. The horde surrounding Dany just stood around waiting for, um something? It was not nearly well enough done to distract me from the distaste of the previous scene.
Couldn't agree more on the Gladiator battles.  Should have gone with choreographers from Spartacus.  The stadium looked great.  I keep waiting for burning Shireen to end up being pointless since Stannis isn't a true king. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Quote from: smeags on June 08, 2015, 11:47:41 AM
It was joke. Lighten up Nancy.

Hahaha I quoted the wrong post. It was aimed at Munson.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

As far as that little girl goes, I'm still holding out hope that her being half a stone man leads to some sort of redemption from the stake. Not likely, but, whatever.

smeags

I hate when that happens. :-D

Zanshin

As an aside, I'm even more disgusted with myself for discussing this semi-seriously than I am about speculating about off-season football.

Zanshin

Quote from: smeags on June 08, 2015, 12:06:23 PM
Inmate when that happens. :-D

I literally have no idea what this means.

Zanshin

Oh, you were talking to RJS and saying "I hate when." It's like a puzzle.

smeags

Yeah I also hate posting via my smartphone and looking anything but with autofill.