Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

*Spoiler*

Question...did the dead walker with that ice sword that John snow killed, come back to life at the end? I thought I saw him again.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

Nah I think it was just another White Walker. Outside of the Night's King, they all seem to look somewhat similar.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

just as good as watching it the first time. next week will be interesting when jon reaches the wall with the wildlings.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

Going to be pissed if Alliser is a douche about it.

-Loved the Sansa/Reek stuff this week. Seeing her basically beat the truth out of him was great. Was very happy for her to realize her brothers aren't dead yet. Gives her a new purpose.

-Dany/Tyrion stuff was off the charts awesome and the highlight of the episode until the end. Though Dany's arrogance is slightly annoying, if only because she's very naive about how ruling Westeros is going to go, IMO. She wants to do it all alone but refuses to see why she's going to need some strong allies in Westeros. And Tyrion should have mentioned the Martells. Considering their past bonds to the Targaryens, they're her best bet for an ally. Glad Tyrion finally said something about Varys being on her side, even though he didn't just tell her he's a staunch Targaryen supporter.

-Arya being sent on her first assassination attempt. I guess it's some sort of test. Still not sure where this story is going yet.

-lol at Cersei. So happy to see her struggling. Qyburn still working on creepy zombie mountains, I guess. He could just take him north and let him die, he'll definitely wake up then. Tommen is so weak...starving himself. I'm guessing that if Cersei does find a way out of her current predicament, Tommen will have starved to death. Which would be an extremely interesting turn of events...Stannis at that point would become the official King.

-What else can be said about the last 30 minutes? Tormund beating the Lord of Bones to death was funny. Though all I can see now when I see Tormund is him selling things in a bright blue suit. The Giant was awesome, and I hope he survives his swim. "What the farg you looking at?" lol. Also loved Edd's "oooh fuuuuuuuuuck!" when the wights came over the cliff an then woke up. Was interesting to see the Night's King reaction (or lack there of) to Jon killing the White Walker. He seemed intrigued but at the same time there was no facial expression. But I imagine that's the first time he's seen one of his dude's ice swords fail to shatter steel, and then get killed by that same sword. Hardhome is relatively close to the wall, so I imagine they'll be marching on the wall come next season...
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

cant see any other way alliser will be but this is GOT and you never know what to expect. i have a feeling he does try to stop jon and it's sam that either knocks allier out or kills him for disobeying direct orders.

Eagles_Legendz

They're so far afield of the books that I am probably free to speculate regarding Thorne but I'll put it in spoiler just in case (just a theory)
[spoiler]I think his character is a form of misdirection.  He's a douche who doesn't like Jon but he respects the position and the Night's Watch.  I don't see him doing anything to betray that.[/spoiler]

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 02, 2015, 12:21:41 PM
They're so far afield of the books that I am probably free to speculate regarding Thorne but I'll put it in spoiler just in case (just a theory)
[spoiler]I think his character is a form of misdirection.  He's a douche who doesn't like Jon but he respects the position and the Night's Watch.  I don't see him doing anything to betray that.[/spoiler]

That was my thinking as well. [spoiler]No matter how much he disagrees with Jon, he seems at his heart to be a "true Knight" who believes in things like order and hierarchy and commands. He won't like what Jon does, but ultimately he'll go along with it. At least I hope.[/spoiler]

smeags

i hope im wrong because i kind of like his character. old school guy but like you said he is loyal. even in his speech before the vote to lord commander he gave jon credit for what he did in the battle.

QB Eagles

Much more worried about that little prick Olly than Thorne.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on June 02, 2015, 11:23:30 AMI'm guessing that if Cersei does find a way out of her current predicament, Tommen will have starved to death.

He's just a teenager who won't come out of his room because he's depressed about not getting Hoyda anymore. He's not on a political hunger strike or some shtein.

I'm done with the show if he eats Ser Pounce though.

Munson

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 02, 2015, 06:12:19 PM
Quote from: Munson on June 02, 2015, 11:23:30 AMI'm guessing that if Cersei does find a way out of her current predicament, Tommen will have starved to death.

He's just a teenager who won't come out of his room because he's depressed about not getting Hoyda anymore. He's not on a political hunger strike or some shtein.

I'm done with the show if he eats Ser Pounce though.

Hahaha. The implication from what Qyburn said, along with the week before with Cersei saying "starving yourself won't get her out" make me think there's a reason why they keep bringing up that he's not eating.

Munson

Ledgendz, how do you feel about being spoiler'd with important story stuff before the 6th book comes out? Obviously GRRM is gonna do things a little differently, but I think it's pretty obvious Tyrion and Dany will still meet up, and the White Walkers will be attacking soon in the books I imagine.

phattymatty

I've been very underwhelmed with this show for pretty much the entire 4 years but I feel like I stuck it out just for this episode. That was cool.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Munson on June 02, 2015, 09:40:21 PM
Ledgendz, how do you feel about being spoiler'd with important story stuff before the 6th book comes out? Obviously GRRM is gonna do things a little differently, but I think it's pretty obvious Tyrion and Dany will still meet up, and the White Walkers will be attacking soon in the books I imagine.

I don't care as much about that as some other people, especially since so many characters are in different places now that it isn't even spoiling the books.  What is being spoiled, probably, is who is important / not & who will be dying soon.  Barristan, for example, who is alive, will prob be dead early in book6.

Munson

Yeah I got you. I'm crazy about spoilers so just knowing that Tyrion makes it to Dany safe and sound would drive me crazy haha.

This seems important: