Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

can someone tell me why i read this thread before i watch the latest episode?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagles_Legendz

It'll matter with what I am assuming is coming next episode but they could've accomplished the same end without murdering her.

rjs246

Oh hey guys, don't read the last page. Because, you know, spoilers.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

Quote from: rjs246 on June 08, 2015, 09:49:01 AM
Oh hey guys, don't read the last page. Because, you know, spoilers.

Because, you know, obviously.

SunMo

i'm not complaining about any of you...i'm complaining about myself for being a moron
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagles_Legendz

I agree with rjs btw that the Shireen scene crossed a line for me.  Not sure why but it did.

SD

Quote from: Zanshin on June 08, 2015, 09:18:13 AM
I'm pretty schizophrenic with the series. I vacillate wildly from, "wow, cool show," to "why the farg am I wasting my time on this trainwreck?" I've enjoyed parts of it, thought parts were boring, thought other parts were dorky, and on and on. I watch and I'm interested in some of the storylines, but when you guys use the names I'm pretty lost, which means I'm not paying attention that closely. I'm hoping that there's some redeeming storyline that comes out of the scene with the kid; something that makes that scene important and not just shock for the sake of it.

It's just weird, because it's one of the few shows that I'll watch live as it comes on...then when I'm watching I'm usually a little bored with it. But I watch it anyway.

I'm in the same boat, I can tell you all the storylines and details but names escape me. For secondary characters they don't say their names enough and most of the characters aren't strong enough that you'd care who they are or that they died. Hiszdah or whatever the guy Dany was supposed to marry was a who gives a flying farg death.

From what the book readers tell me the stake scene was done purely for shock value. I hate that the show has deviated into that area. Sure people are talking about it but the negative feedback is overwhelming.

smeags

Stannis killing his daughter isn't completely off the norm for this world. That said it was still horrific. The red priestess has been pushing for this. See how it plays out.

Talk about a180 in one week.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

D&D said GRRM told them about this - implying it's coming in the books (I don't see logistically how that's even possible but whatevs).  There were still other ways to accomplish what they're going to use this for next week.

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 08, 2015, 10:22:58 AM
D&D said GRRM told them about this - implying it's coming in the books (I don't see logistically how that's even possible but whatevs).  There were still other ways to accomplish what they're going to use this for next week.

Shireen is supposedly not with Stannis in the books, right? I could see Milesandre having one of her devouts in Stannis' camp sailing her up to the North. Wouldn't be that hard to do, I imagine.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Also, somehow just now putting it together in my head about how the man King Robert replaced was thought of as Mad partly for his extreme enthusiasm in burning people alive. And now Robert's brother has been burning people alive in his quest for the throne.

Seems important. :paranoid
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Dany's dragons just burned a shteinload of people alive as well. Weird that Fire would play a role in a story titled A Song of Ice and Fire.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

I get that people like dragons, but everyone seems to think that scene was great. I mean, did anyone NOT see that coming? First of all, the fight scenes in the pit seemed pretty amateurish (actually, most of the fight scenes this year look ridiculously thrown together). Then you have a few people surrounded by a herd of enemies just standing there waiting to get stabbed by a dwarf. Then the dragon (who anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew was coming) shows up. The special effects were just okay to me, nothing special. And since we already know that the blonde is fireproof, it really didn't make much sense for the dragon to not light everything up without getting stabbed by spears, then fly away with the blonde in all of her charred nakedy goodness. Granted that wouldn't have been great for the story, but at least make it a cooler scene. It was an okay scene...but it wasn't great.

smeags

I thought it was a damn good scene. Certainly nothing like hard home but still pretty good. Does dany go get the other two dragons now ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Zanshin

Guess that's why they make vanilla and chocolate. I could see what they were going for, but it seemed like a kid wrote and directed it.