The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i might have missed three flyer games this year and had season tickets until this season....oh i live an hour and a half away from the arena

other than that you make solid pts

you care more about some loser euro trash soccer league more than american sports

and because you refuse to watch it you missed the first 3 goal third period comeback in game seven history
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

i didn't refuse to watch it.  i just didn't bother.

and lol @ "american" sport.  nothing says american quite like a toronto maple leafs hockey game.

ice grillin you

an american league probably would have been a better way to say it....fact remains you are a dope for not watching playoff hockey.....its as good as it gets in sports...and soccer blows

Rome

yes, we know your feelings on soccer.  they're not relevant to this topic.  the topic is (as a refresher) whether watching the bruins/maple leafs is worth anyone's time who isn't a fan of either team.  my opinion is no and yours is omgyesitsthebestthingever.

it's nice that we got that on the record.

ice grillin you

something happened in that game that has never happened before in 100 years of the nhl...so in this case it actually was one of the best things ever

SD

The NHL playoffs are great. I won't watch say game 1 between Toronto and the Bruins but once the series gets competitive I'm tuned in. Last nights game was was a classic.

On the flipside I won't watch a second of the NBA playoffs. Outside the Sixers I generally hate Basketball. Ever since the Kings/Lakes series and especially game 6 which was obviously fixed I'm done. You know the Heat are going to win anyway so what's the purpose in watching? Take the NHL, who's going to win the Stanley Cup? Nobody farging knows, that's what's great about hockey.

ice grillin you

this is pretty cool....all three new york area teams will get to play in yankee stadium over a three day period

Yankee Stadium will play host to two separate NHL games in 2014 as a part of the NHL's Outdoor Series, the NHL announced on Wednesday. The New York Rangers will play both the New Jersey Devils on January 26, 2014 and the New York Islanders on January 29, 2014.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on May 14, 2013, 12:56:07 PM
Take the NHL, who's going to win the Stanley Cup? Nobody farging knows, that's what's great about hockey.

To be fair, after the Stanley Cup finals, most people still won't know who won. 

Because they don't care. 

ice grillin you

kings are gonna win the damn cup again....they look so good

carter with his 5th goal in the last six games

MOCK

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

LOL @ the chick in the back on the left.  She's completely indifferent the whole time.  After the game tying goal, she decides to throw on a Leafs jersey but still doesn't really give a shtein when they lose. 

ice grillin you

loser fans.....how are not throwing your head thru a wall and saying how you know toronto is going to lose after the tying goal....they give a up three goal lead in game 7 and dont even care....i think i was more upset when it was happening than they were

Sgt PSN

It's Canada.  The closing comments tell you everything you need to know.  "We weren't even supposed to be there, eh.  And we took the Bruins to 7 games, eh.  We're a super young team, eh, and the future is looking bright, eh." 

I mean, the closing sentence to that video started with "But dang..." 

ice grillin you

that first period was excellent...such a classic match up here

hbionic

That video may just inspire me to record myself watching an Eagles game. But I'm sure it would be banned for TeeVee.

Lackluster fans those were, eh.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05