Beer Drinkers Challenge

Started by Father Demon, May 06, 2007, 04:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Demon

To follow up on the beer thread. 

The goal is to drink 214 DIFFERENT beers between June 1st and De3cember 31st.  On average, that's a different beer every day.  Acouple of ground rules:

1) It's the honor system.  But if you can't trust a bunch of internet geeks that you never met before and probably never will, who can you trust?
2) It has to be at least a 12 ounce serving in a single setting to count.  So that day you try 35 different samples at the local beer fest won't count. 
3) Different varieties of the same brand count.  So, Bud, Bud Light, Bud Dry, Bud Select, Bud Ice and Bud Ice dry would be 6 points towards the 214 point goal.
4) Whoever plays will just keep updating their list in this thread after every day you drink a new beer.  Or whatever.  It's just less messy to keep one running score sheet rather than continuing to post 2 or 3 beers at a time
5) If you want to add commentary -- "I had a Keystone Ice, and it sucked just like I thought it would" is a good commentary.  Also, if you find non-run of the mill beers (and you will if you are getting up in the 100's), a comment on where it's from and the brewery if you remember - "I had an Orion, from the Orion Brewery in Okinawa Japan" would help those that want to sample some nice suds.

That's it.

Who's up for the challenge?

I'm in.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

I'm guessing that over that span of time I'll have roughly 936 miller lites (36 per week), 260 Sam Adams/ Sam Lights, 104 Guinnesses and 52 Hoegaardens. Along with several dozen Jack and Gingers, Bloody Marys, mimosas and other assorted breakfast drinks.

There will be very little room for any beers residing outside of this rigorous schedule.

Having said that, I'm in.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

my list will be done after Coors Light
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I won't even drink 21 different beers over that span of time.

Diomedes

Hmm...pretty scant support Demon.  Time to try the Mini Beer Drinkers Challenge?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

I'll list about 3 beers and then after that.... I have nothing to contribute.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Father Demon

You guys are all a bunch of pansy-loving women....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Phanatic

This would mean that I actually have to buy my own beer for a change!  :paranoid
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Father Demon on May 07, 2007, 09:10:55 AM
You guys are all a bunch of pansy-loving women....

I'm not exactly beanstalk skinny, but I like having a waist size less than 40.  Also, as has been noted many times, I like money... and trying a different brand of beer every day for 7 months is simply not in the cards.

I will, however, promise to drink no less than 216 cans of Bud Select in that time frame.  Holla.

Hollywood

Great Idea Demon.  Where'd you come up with that?

159 and counting  ;)
I love lesbians.

phattymatty

any contest which gives me points for remembering what i drank the night before is something i do not want to be a part of.

although i was at a cookoff yesterday and had grolsch and corona.  many of them.

Wingspan

Generally in PA, you have to buy cases....or in the random places that sell six packs...thats at least $1070, or at most $5000

I am so out.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Father Demon

You guys suck.

I can buy sampler six packs of a lot of different beers here.  And when I can't, I can usually trade one of mine for a new variety when in a social gathering.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's too much recordkeeping, expense, and effort just to drink a lot of beer.

I'll tell you what - the next times I order a beer at a restaurant or bar, I'll try some new shtein.  I can't promise if I'll remember the name of it, but I will.  I will NOT, however, try anywhere near 214 different beers in one year, fatty.

Quote from: phattymatty on May 07, 2007, 10:53:31 AM
grolsch

Delicious.  It's everything Heineken wishes it was.