ConcreteBoard

Advanced search

News:

Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone seen a good movie lately?  (Read 722751 times)

AO1

• Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
Re: Anyone seen a good movie lately?
« Reply #22020 on: February 11, 2019, 12:51:01 PM »

bundy lost tapes (or whatever its called) -  i love serial killer shtein so ill watch and enjoy all of it but if you are any kind of bundy officianado there was nothing really new here especially with the tapes which were supposed to be the breaking news part of this as they ahd never been heard before....i thing that i didnt fully realize was just how brazen bundy got after a while and really was so addicted to murdering young women that he was doing shtein like a double daylight kidnapping on the same day at the same location...if you know little about bundy except for maybe his name and tht he was a erial killr then i think this would be great

3.5/5

Watched this for tips and motivation. The tapes were pretty boring, the trial was entertaining. As you mention, the rest of the stuff was a rehash of his story. That should close the book on telling his story, it's boring and overanalyzed at this point.
farging women.  They get you to do the dumbest shtein.

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #22021 on: February 12, 2019, 09:31:27 AM »

first man - overdirected overdone trying too hard borderline misfire for chazile. if you cut 30 minutes out of it and give the characters something to do other than grit their teeth and stare then maybe it could be salvaged. the physical moon scene was cool but it took too long to get there. 1.5/5

the wife - oh boy. what a mess this was. glenn close was amazing but the movie itself was trash. for some reason it takes place in the early 90s even though nobody made an effort stylistically to adhere to that. 25% of the movie is flashbacks which were dull. the movie opens with close and jon pryce having old people sex. this is a very weird movie at times that is wholly unsatisfying but the journey is kind of entertaining in what the hell is going on way. reminded me of a poor mans first reformed in that the product isnt good but the performances are and it still manages to be interesting. 2/5

high flying bird - boring garbage. kima plays another lesbian. no idea why other than he wanted to show off but soderbergh again shot this on an iphone and its just silly. 1/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

• Dunning–Kruger in effect.
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22022 on: February 12, 2019, 09:56:23 AM »

bundy lost tapes (or whatever its called) -  i love serial killer shtein so ill watch and enjoy all of it but if you are any kind of bundy officianado there was nothing really new here especially with the tapes which were supposed to be the breaking news part of this as they ahd never been heard before....i thing that i didnt fully realize was just how brazen bundy got after a while and really was so addicted to murdering young women that he was doing shtein like a double daylight kidnapping on the same day at the same location...if you know little about bundy except for maybe his name and tht he was a erial killr then i think this would be great

3.5/5

Watched this for tips and motivation. The tapes were pretty boring, the trial was entertaining. As you mention, the rest of the stuff was a rehash of his story. That should close the book on telling his story, it's boring and overanalyzed at this point.

i cant farging wait for mindhunter s2...god that show was so good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

AO1

• Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22023 on: February 12, 2019, 10:20:33 AM »

Great show...I eat the serial killer shtein up. Investigation Discovery is my crack rock. The girlfriend (Hannah Gross) in season 1 was in Sinner season 2.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:22:24 AM by AO1 »
farging women.  They get you to do the dumbest shtein.

smeags

• Inept Security Guard
  • R.I.P. section 736
« Reply #22024 on: February 12, 2019, 11:17:33 AM »

Polar - (Netflix) meh ...john wick ripoff.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

• Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22025 on: February 14, 2019, 07:25:22 AM »

all about nina - probably my new #1 movie of the year...just a titanic performance by mary elizabeth winstead...shes hilarious....dark...excruciatingly sad  sarcastically dark and bitter all wrapped up in a tour de force performance....man is she good...a joke that performances like this dont get nominated much less win an oscar....instead we get a glenn close career award....id give the movie a 10/10 but common is incredibly miscast as the boyfriend...its a testament to how good the movie is that he didnt single handedly ruin it

sidenote; jay mohr is NOT aging well

9.5/10

ice grillin you

• Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22026 on: February 15, 2019, 09:08:49 AM »

widows - you dont often see a rips thru the borders of reality kinda silly but entertaining heist thriller that tackles some serious social issues....but this is one them and it pulls it off in a really fun way...also bank this right now....this movie will one day be in the TNT USA AMC AXS hall of fame rotation of movies that are on repeat...one of those movies where if nothing else is on and you find it no matter where along it is you are IN til the end

6.5/10

Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469]   Go Up