Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Finally saw "Us"...really good. Plot wise it doesn't make sense sometimes but the overall message about class and such was done pretty fantastically IMO. And it does also work as just a straight up horror/thriller comedy if you don't wanna think too deeply about the messages behind it. While I loved Get Out and probably like that movie better overall, this one feels like it has a lot more depth, probably because it does.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Endgame was great. Overall liked IW better. No lie the guy sitting next to me was crying.

General_Failure

Shady was tweeting out spoilers for it, according to the Twitter.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Endgame was pretty damn good. I actually had an anxiety attack during the climax battle :-D

I do think IW was a better movie, but this one did as good a job as possible wrapping up the story. I am excited for certain characters seemingly being together in the next GOTG movie.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Quote from: AO1 on April 26, 2019, 07:21:53 PM
Endgame was great. Overall liked IW better. No lie the guy sitting next to me was crying.

I was not.  I have allergies, you heartless bastich. 

phattymatty

Over the last 2-3 weeks I've watched all of the MCU movies, like 20 or so, in chronological order in advance of Endgame.  I had seen most of them already but never really cared about the backstories and how they are all intertwined.  Pretty fun.

Still have to rewatch Infinity War and I remember that being really good but so far the best in my opinion is Captain America Civil War and the dumbest but also the funniest was Thor Ragnarok.  If that's not already a cult classic it will be.

Munson

Yeah Ragnarok is awesome. Even after Endgame on Saturday my buddies and I were quoting Korg lines from Ragnarok

General_Failure

Ragnarok is hurt mostly by Infinity War undoing everything that happened in that movie. No one is saved and Thor immediately goes off in search of a new weapon to solve all his problems.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Munson

Quote from: General_Failure on April 29, 2019, 06:08:40 PM
Ragnarok is hurt mostly by Infinity War undoing everything that happened in that movie. No one is saved and Thor immediately goes off in search of a new weapon to solve all his problems.

True, as a story it basically has no stakes other than Asgard being destroyed. It's just fun as hell.

SD

Ted Bundy film on Netflix was only so so, if you know the details it's really just a rehash. They try to tell the story from the girlfriend(s) perspectives but fail because the focus is still Bundy. There's one really good scene that stands out but it's not till the end of the film.

ice grillin you

the highwaymen - was mildly interesting only because it was based on a true story but otherwise it was of tv movie quality and not particularly good quality...costner and harrelson completely mailed it in as if they knew while they were making it it wasnt very good

5/10

long shots - real solid rom com with much more rom than com...the love story part of it was real cool and the political stuff was great but it honestly just wasnt funny...theres a rupert murdoch character and a faux fox morning show like whatever that one is called with steve doocy that get ripped in a pretty funny way ut mostly the jokes fall flat...the ending interview is just fantastic...on a side note im an atheist but if there is one thing in the universe that could make me a believer in god its charlize theron because there is no way two humans made something that farging beautiful...if for no other reason go see it for her and see it on the big screen where she will be in all her glory...i realize this isnt breaking news...everyone knows how gorgeous she is but im telling you she is next level in this movie...the single hottest women ive ever seen

6.5/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

I watched both John Wick movies while wallowing in my Sixers misery yesterday.  They are fun and brainless but not good.  I thought the hype was that they were kind of campy cult-classic ish action movies, but it seems like people think they're actually good films?

keanu is as terrible an actor as ever and he has one fight move, the grab the guy by one arm and flip them over his back.  which honestly doesn't even seem like it would hurt at all much less knock someone out. 

Munson

https://twitter.com/dancasey/status/1127000428925710336

Reaction black out was lifted today, can't wait for this. Review black out gets lifted next week