Week 13 - Seahawks: The Eagles Are 3-Point Road Favorites?

Started by MDS, November 27, 2017, 08:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Andy gave up playcalling in KC to take over for Doug. That bastich.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Sometimes NFL coaches make decisions that don't make a lick of sense. Not helping Big V was like the Cowboys letting Chaz Green get pantsed for a full game with no help in ATL a few weeks ago.  Celek and the backs should've been at his hip the entire game doubling and chipping.

The issues they've had for a few weeks manifested themselves last night. Sloppy execution and penalties. Combine that with the turnover, the playcalling, Wentz missing and being off and the red zone failures and we see what happened.

I'm over it. They'll beat the Rams.

hbionic

They needed this loss. So did we.

Hope they make the proper adjustments going forward
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

QuoteThe left side of the Eagles O-line surrendered 21 total pressures against Seattle last night. i.e. just two players!

The entire Seahawks offense only allowed 17
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

So the Eagles lost last night to a good Seahawks team and now motherfargers are diving off the train?

Too funny. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: AntiRome on December 04, 2017, 07:36:07 PM
So the Eagles lost last night to a good Seahawks team and now motherfargers are diving off the train?

Too funny.

you still all IN?

SD

I did my weekly re-watch of this game.

- If I'm a D coordinator moving forward, regardless of position, I'm posting my best pass rusher on Vaitaii. I wouldn't bring additional pressure to that side because there's really no need to. He was beat wide, inside, and toyed with. If the Eagles want to win they need to give him help the second he needs it. He's been whatever so far but he was completely exposed. Put Celek back on that side or have a guy like Clement chip block, then break off as a receiver. There was no adjustment.

- The left side of the line from Kelce over was horrid. The D line was shooting gaps, the Seahawks brought pressure up the middle and they looked confused on who they were supposed to block. Brooks/Johnson played a good game. Johnson squared Bennett up and stood his ground. PEDs are working.

- The first quarter was an absolute mess. It was hard to see the game plan. They started out with their typical out pattern to Smith, then it was sloppy runs by Blount and dink and dunk shtein down the field. That wide open miss to Agholor was huge. They live and die off passes over the middle to receivers, I think I counted two passes over the middle.

- Jeffrey hold at the goaline, ugh, why dude, why?

- Blount's a sloth. He's fine when he gets a hole but he can't cut worth a damn. There were times he just runs straight into the pile and there were holes if he adjusted. Ajayi ran well. Even during a second watch when he's getting tackled late in the run I'm afraid he's going to fumble the ball. He has great size and speed and hits the hole hard. There were a couple runs he came close to breaking, from his reaction he knew it too.

- The Wentz fumble was really the turning point. Credit Seattle, they made a play. Lesson learned for Wentz.

- Wentz is unbelievable when he's on his game. Doug needs to put total trust in him regardless of what defense he's playing against. He's earned it at this point.

- Penalties were worse during the second watch. The long PI called on Darby was a joke. He turns and goes for the ball, the receiver tries to leap over his back to catch the ball. There was nothing remotely close to PI. If any call was going to be made it should have been offensive PI. The holding calls on receivers were bad. On the flipside the sideline judge was in perfect position and missed an obvious facemask pull down by Darby.

- Where the hell was Rasul Douglas? Why is Darby getting his reps now? He's being targeted big time. He wasn't great prior to the injury and he's not good after. He doesn't have good instincts.

Anyway, game over, time to move on. Hopefully this is used as a learning experience. The Rams game will speak volumes for the rest of the season.

ice grillin you

its amazing what happens when you actually have a tough game....their schedule to this point has been a farce...by far toughest test of the year and they failed

silly me for actually having confidence in a doug pederson team

we know they arent superbowl ready yet (nor should they be expected to be) but this week will be the true test of whether they are frauds or a good but up and coming team...seattle been there done that and knows how to play in big games

but the rams are just like the eagles...no excuses this week

hunt

Quote from: AO1 on December 05, 2017, 10:12:32 AM
I did my weekly re-watch of this game.

- If I'm a D coordinator moving forward, regardless of position, I'm posting my best pass rusher on Vaitaii. I wouldn't bring additional pressure to that side because there's really no need to. He was beat wide, inside, and toyed with. If the Eagles want to win they need to give him help the second he needs it. He's been whatever so far but he was completely exposed. Put Celek back on that side or have a guy like Clement chip block, then break off as a receiver. There was no adjustment.

aaron donald says hi.  :paranoid
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 05, 2017, 10:21:16 AM
its amazing what happens when you actually have a tough game....their schedule to this point has been a farce...by far toughest test of the year and they failed

silly me for actually having confidence in a doug pederson team

we know they arent superbowl ready yet (nor should they be expected to be) but this week will be the true test of whether they are frauds or a good but up and coming team...seattle been there done that and knows how to play in big games

but the rams are just like the eagles...no excuses this week

The Eagles beat the Seahawks if that sunday night game is at the Linc. No question in my mind. They were overwhelmed early on by the crowd noise and atmosphere and the Seahawks reputation. Wentz had that deer in the headlights look. Credit to him he shook it off and played a good second half. They've been on cruise control since the Panthers game. They got punched in the mouth.

smeags

I would lean to that side and agree if the game were in philly, the eagles win, but that said, this team better learn how to win in big games on the road real fast.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

In the long run, I think they could benefit from this loss way more than had they won.  It was a good reality check.  They didn't get blown out. Self induced gunshot wound to the dick did them in as much as the Seahawks did.

Pederson was shook.  He punted early in the game in a situation he normally goes for it and he was scurred to throw the challenge flag on the lateral.  That's a situation where you gotta just throw the flag for the sake of throwing it. Even if it fails, the defense gets a few minutes to rest.  But that was a 3rd down play and would have gotten them of the field. Instead, Seattle scores like 3 or 4 plays later.  Don't wait for the guys upstairs. Seattle hurried back to the line for a reason. Just throw it.  We're all used to poor TO management anyway.