Week 6 - Panthers: Thursday Games Suck

Started by MDS, October 08, 2017, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

My big concern is/was the slant pattern. That had something to do with injuries and inexperience but the Giants and Chargers were destroying the birds over the middle. I don't know if Schwartz adjusted yesterday (it looked like the safeties were playing closer to the box) or if the D line was just so good. Palmer didn't want to be on the field yesterday. I can't see him playing beyond this season. He winces in anticipation of a hit when a defensive player is 5 yards away.

Cam running is scary. The Eagles haven't played a QB like him this season. I see a lot of annoying "defense almost has him for a sack" plays where he sheds the tackle or rolls away for 10-15 yards.

Jordan Hicks was damn impressive yesterday, he doesn't get caught up in blocks, doesnt go for jukes, and can lay the wood.

PhillyPhreak54

Have to spy Cam obviously to keep him from breaking out

Their OL hasn't bee great so I think they'll be able to pressure them a bit...Jernigan is playing some good ball. They really need to keep him around with a new deal.

Detroit forgot to cover Ed Dickson yesterday - he had like 170 something yards.

Meathead Lane being out could hurt.

Hope they'll pull it out but am expecting an L

Eagles_Legendz

Cam isn't running this year.  They need the DLine to win versus Carolina's OLine.  In theory this should go more towards Douglas' still set in coverage but Cam has been on point last two weeks.

AshishPatel81

There were a lot of questions early in the first couple games about Cam's arm/shoulder not being right. He was horribly missing very routine passes. With him playing much better now, I'm not sure what those early struggles were all about. If the Eagles face MVP Cam it's probably a loss. Honestly, these Thursday night games are usually so sloppy and teams generally struggle offensively, it'll probably just be an ugly low scoring contest.

If anything works to the Eagles advantage, having lost Ted Ginn to NO, Carolina's receivers are of the big possession receiver variety, which kinda matches up well with the Eagles corners who are slower, more physical, lack top end speed. So they actually might be able to match up well against Benjamin and Funchess, and Carolina missing Olsen hurts. I think it'll be close either way, probably a loss, would not be stunned if the Eagles pulled it out though.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah coming off that surgery he was rusty

I'm excited for this one. Really hope they pull it out

ice grillin you

devin funchess missed practice again with a bad knee
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

PhillyPhreak54

Both Panthers CBs were added to the injury report today

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 10, 2017, 06:22:59 PM
Both Panthers CBs were added to the injury report today

3 interceptions with one being a pick 6

MDS

shefty said today that funchess and stewart will both go
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Cox and Smallwood gametime decisions

Meathead Lane isn't making the trip

ice grillin you

cox better be 110% or dont play him....i think at this point with LJ out this is a giveaway game...take the L then you have an ultra rare 10 days off into three straight home games into a bye week...two of the games are really tough but try to get ready and go 100% into that stretch and go 3-0
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i mentioned that earlier...the big game is the wash game. if you win this GREAT but the big game is the wash game.

they are above their projected totals with 2 road wins and what is looming like a freebie @ the giants in december. the raiders and both cowboys games are a lot less daunting than originally thought.

beat wash.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

I'm encouraged that every single person is picking Carolina, Johnson is out, Cox is likely out, and the line keeps sitting right around 3.

MDS